Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leetworld

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.mimic

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-16, 17:12

hey
thought it bout time i shared this with u

http://smoothfewfilms.com/theleetworld/

its an awesome series based in css.

*first ep is down the bottom*
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-16, 17:51

Negative OMG
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-17, 04:46

dude how the fuck am i supposed to get n e work done now!?!?! this shit is awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-17, 05:43

Tha Snowmann wrote:
dude how the fuck am i supposed to get n e work done now!?!?! this shit is awesome! Very Happy

your not meant to, its a sign, cs = more important than RL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-17, 05:49

haha
i really should get my students to make some GG maps for us. put it down as a "core assessment" criteria Razz
ahh that be a good project Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mr.mimic

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-17, 06:38

sorry snow...no im not...sif work
and yes...getting ur students to make maps is a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-17, 07:35

what sort of cirriculum do you teach snowy? if its 3ds model etc then it would be excellent work for them Smile Could see some really good maps
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-17, 08:26

Cartography and Geographical Visualization

so its essentially making maps Razz but yeah we dabble in any kind of map production, online, paper maps, GPS, phone maps, 3d models Smile interactive maps and so forth

also do design work and creation of complete products from ground up, theres heaps of things that we do Smile so flash work, dreamweaver, photoshop, illustrator and some other programs.

dont really know what justification i can give the head of our department for installing and getting licenses for counter strike or HL2 though.....any suggestions?? Smile
Back to top Go down
Austerror

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-17, 09:32

just babble on about how it benefits the students to see their work being used in a real world application!
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-17, 09:32

Dear Sir

Currently we are providing a course in production of paper maps, gps and other types of map shit.

To further the education and breadth of the students relationship with entity mapping, i suggest that this be expanded to 3d planning. This would involve using a 3d mapping program that is used for tactical simulation of warfare.

The ability of the students to be able to predict behaviour of objects within the mapping realm and path analysis (least resistance and objective gain methods) will be increased in line with my above proposal. This will futher help them to advance their studies and expand the opportunities in the world post study. It will be an essential skill when New Zealand invades and takes over Australia, even though it will only prolong the inevitable take-over from New Zealand.

Costs associated to this are greatly reduced compared to that of AutoCad and 3dsMax, the licensing of the software is not $15k of autocad or $4k of 3dsMax. We can get it on special for $20 if we act now.

This proposal will also have the added benefit of allowing the students to relax after their studies with the "interactive mode"

Look forward to hearing your thoughts and getting sign off for this cost.

Kind Regards

Snowmann....
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-17, 09:33

Now go get it snowy.... (oh and maybe take the "map shit" out and replace with something acceptable and if you really want put your real name in instead of snowmann Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-17, 09:42

Woffle' wrote:
and other types of map shit.
Thats just funny Razz

Woffle' wrote:
This will futher help them to advance their studies and expand the opportunities in the world post study. It will be an essential skill when New Zealand invades and takes over Australia, even though it will only prolong the inevitable take-over from New Zealand.
Haha that will NEVER happen Razz

but aparently in 2037 Australia will be at war with Indonesia..... Or so Nostradamus tells us.

it does sound plausible and im sure that will get a few more people involved and interested in the course Smile would def make marking a whole lot better! just chuck it on the DOA server and let you guys help me mark it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Austerror

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-17, 09:44

hahaha any map that allows camping is an instant fail!
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-17, 09:55

hell yeah, but the map also has to have a "wow" factor to it so that it distracts your enemy Razz
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-17, 10:07

yeah the other thing is that you could actually use it in your classes. For instance if the cs server allows for the saving of interactions (running, crouching etc along with time frames between the points, you would be able to do predictive analysis on where the stopping points would bee and what the optimal mapping configuration is (for stopping camping.

So long as it doesnt just calculate that an open space is the best way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Austerror

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-17, 10:19

hahaha but i thought my sprays were supposed to distract everyone else
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-17, 10:26

that they do, i have been seen running somewhere to suddenly stop and turn to face your spray.......then get shot in the head Razz

so woffle, in a long and weird twisted way you want me to groom my students into being elite soldiers that know how to battle in combat by thinking in tactical terms by means of a 3D reality model? hmmm i think i might try get a job with the army or something and set up simulation model for the next gen or soldiers! (coz we all know real wars are going to be fought through a game like css in the future Razz)
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-17, 16:22

in a long and drawn out explanation of what you asked the answer is correct. The rest of this paragraph is just a diversion so that while your reading the first sentance you think that there is more to my post than just a affirmation. Its funny how the way something is put together can re-inforce what you mind subliminally thinks jsut lkie this part of the senatnce where nothnig actlualy is spelt correctly but sitll makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty2009-06-17, 17:23

Woffle' wrote:
yeah the other thing is that you could actually use it in your classes. For instance if the cs server allows for the saving of interactions (running, crouching etc along with time frames between the points, you would be able to do predictive analysis on where the stopping points would bee and what the optimal mapping configuration is (for stopping camping.

So long as it doesnt just calculate that an open space is the best way Very Happy

With deep analysis, your students could project the perfect, non-camping GG map!

Sounds perfectly plausible to me...
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
Sponsored content

Leetworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leetworld   Leetworld Empty

Back to top Go down

Leetworld
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ðead Øn Årrival :: Off Topic :: Off Topic Rants and Rambles.-
Jump to: