Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

the 7th warehouse

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

the 7th warehouse Empty
PostSubject: the 7th warehouse   the 7th warehouse Empty2008-06-15, 06:35

Played your map for the first time last night and you were on as well which was good timing. Cool map mate was good to play. Still not sure of the layout and who spawns where lol, but I'm well known for not knowing wtf is going on, so thats irrelevant! (lol) Once I play it 5000 times I get the hang of a map. Nah only joshin, I liked it and the best recomendation was the "is this a good map to player on" question with a fairly busy server and it was almost unanamous answer of yes. Cool as, especially as you were a map making virgin. (lol) Very cool dude, well done 7th!!!!!!!!!! HAI! Cool
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

the 7th warehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: the 7th warehouse   the 7th warehouse Empty2008-06-15, 13:02

Cheers fodder, really appreciate it.

I tryed to keep it in the sprite of a Gungame. Small, fast with little to no camping spots or opportunities. I look forward to making some more. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
Harlequiine

the 7th warehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: the 7th warehouse   the 7th warehouse Empty2008-06-21, 15:42

Yeah it's a great map. It is different and fun.
Constructive Criticism:
Textures. Some of the textures are repeating on top of eachother and it looks silly, either stretch it to make it bigger or get one that repeats without looking dodgy. I'm awful at texturing.
Add a couple of entities. I know its a gungame map but sometimes it just makes it look better.
This was probably your aim, but sometimes you can kill someone within 2 seconds of spawning if you go around the side instead of into one of the rooms or down the corridor. Sometimes annoying, sometimes awesome. Some of my maps are the same.
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

the 7th warehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: the 7th warehouse   the 7th warehouse Empty2008-06-22, 15:43

Thanks for the feedback. I will take it all into consideration when making maps in the future.

cheers.
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
ADMIN

the 7th warehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: the 7th warehouse   the 7th warehouse Empty2008-06-22, 16:20

Yeah, once you start getting more advanced in your maps you will need to learn how to change and line up faces, this will become important for adding non rendering faces (nodraw), in other words one block can have 6 different textures 1 on each face, it becomes most important when adding lights because the lights wont draw on these "nodraw" faces saving lots FPS and even more important if adding a high amount of Cubemaps... (ramble) eventually you will come to learn this on your own.
Most GunGame maps don't really need to worry to much about nodraw because they are small and have a low amount of block faces.
Back to top Go down

the 7th warehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: the 7th warehouse   the 7th warehouse Empty2008-08-03, 12:49

can you dl it from here
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

the 7th warehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: the 7th warehouse   the 7th warehouse Empty2008-08-03, 21:49

Not yet, DOA will have a file host soon, for our mappers to upload to if needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the 7th warehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: the 7th warehouse   the 7th warehouse Empty

Back to top Go down

the 7th warehouse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ðead Øn Årrival :: General Discussion :: Customization-
Jump to: