Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Server Update

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

Server Update Empty
PostSubject: Server Update   Server Update Empty2009-08-23, 12:39

Hey Guys,

As you all know we have been trying different versions of GunGame on the server.
First of all we were running GunGame 5 version 586, which was prone to constant crashing.
Next we tried GunGame 3, notably the server never crashed, this proved that our crashing problems were due to GunGame 5.
At the moment we are running an older more stable version of GunGame 5, version 577. This version is far more stable but does still crash from time to time. Because the server runs Linex, the auto reboot takes a fair while and this cant be fixed. Having said that we are not guaranteeing that we are staying with this provider in the future.

Even though I cant see any consensus coming out of this, we would like feedback by players on which GunGame offers the best package. Rego seems to vary from player to player and the lag I think is caused by choke spikes, more than ping. Further more I think most of the choke is network based more than client or server based.
Doesn't seem to matter what gungame server your on there is choke in peek action times.

We have added a different rates script which automatically changers players rates before they join. This was offered to us by DieSlow and all I can say is 100 thank-yous. 1 for each time in the past week I haven't had to say " you have to change your rates mate" or " Type setrates into chat mate"

Another script DieSlow put us onto is an anti cheats program that will auto ban players who enter the game with cheats active. It doesn't stop all hacks but it will get the more common ones, walls, aimbot etc. Not saying that anyone of our regular players would ever play with hacks but be warned, the ban will only be permanent.

Cheers

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
McLaggin

Server Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Update   Server Update Empty2009-08-23, 14:05

i have no idea why but gungame 3 GREATLY affected my rego. Before then i had no idea what people were whining about when they cried about rego. But whatever we do plz not gg3.
Back to top Go down

Server Update
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ðead Øn Årrival :: Dust Bins :: Dust Bin-
Jump to: