Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Please answer (map q)

Go down 
+4
***mystic***
Edgers
Quoth...
Smurf
8 posters

Which methis should I use?
When someone spawns, counter starts
Please answer (map q) Empty55%Please answer (map q) Vote_rcap2
 55% [ 6 ]
When someone leaves spawn, counter starts
Please answer (map q) Empty45%Please answer (map q) Vote_rcap2
 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Smurf

Smurf

Please answer (map q) Empty
PostSubject: Please answer (map q)   Please answer (map q) Empty2009-10-08, 20:07

This will be left open for a few days.

Ok basically I'm making a test map for a new in map anti camp. I'm testing a few things on top of this but wanted peoples opinions for this specifically. I have 2 simple methods of doing this:

First being, as soon as a T spawns, a timer starts (example for 10 seconds), and after those 10 seconds, a hurt trigger is activated, killing anyone still in the spawn half of their map (T only).

Now in the map there are two ways out of spawn (left and right), so the other way is once someone leaves spawn, a timer starts (say 5 seconds) and anyone in spawn after the 5 seconds, dies. This is the second way.

Which one of the two do you prefer? I'm leaning towards 2 atm, but who knows. The idea is that if a T goes past the spawn point, the CT's wont be killed for it (the hurt trigger turns off a few seconds later).

I don't mind people saying this trigger is a bad idea (I know it may hurt scouters, rush more Very Happy ) as long as they vote.

Any other comments are welcome (including how long the timer should be/damage on each).
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: Please answer (map q)   Please answer (map q) Empty2009-10-09, 07:04

you may want to go for just 50% health damage, and I reckon you'll need to play around with the time once you have it done.

Funky kind of idea. Is there any way of making it like a roof section falls from above or something? instead of making it invisible pain?
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Please answer (map q)   Please answer (map q) Empty2009-10-09, 09:44

I remember playing a map like this once. I think it worked like after about 10 seconds or so of the round starting, the ground in spawn turned hurty (it's so a word), and killed you rapidly
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: Please answer (map q)   Please answer (map q) Empty2009-10-09, 10:10

All these votes are being really helpfull so far. Everyone make sure it stays even, and we can give smurf an anyurism Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Please answer (map q)   Please answer (map q) Empty2009-10-09, 14:57

Haha can not, in the end I'll probly just go "fuck yas its my map ill do what I want!"

And yeah you can cover up spawn as well or a roof or rocks or whatever fall, I thought about it, but not sure about late spawners?
Back to top Go down
***mystic***

***mystic***

PostSubject: Re: Please answer (map q)   Please answer (map q) Empty2009-10-09, 15:08

sounds novel,What will happens after or before the ten seconds for those that leave spawn and then run back to intercept the other team coming into their spawn?
PS: this practice shits me to tears Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/Blue_da_Magpie/
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Please answer (map q)   Please answer (map q) Empty2009-10-09, 18:28

What practice?

And after the 10 seconds you get raped hard for 3 seconds then it disables. Or less if i like
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: Please answer (map q)   Please answer (map q) Empty2009-10-10, 02:29

I like the counter when someone leaves spawn because it'll give some flexibility when you get massively blocked in spawn.

How about with the damage if it is going to be each second for three seconds make it 30 damage each second. Won't kill anyone outright but will make em feel pretty sick. Then gives the rushers from other team easy kills. Razz Kind of a rush reward scheme.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Please answer (map q)   Please answer (map q) Empty2009-10-10, 06:00

yeah i think i second way is better.

i have actually been working on a map (havnt for a few weeks lately though Sad) been experimenting with a few things such as using google sketchup to build my map and yes its possible! Smile
but anyway was speaking with woffle and we have this idea that as soon as everyone spawns there is a timer limit thing so say 10 seconds then a big block drops down and kills everyone still in spawn. this i believe will only work for some maps, with mine the spawn area isnt a place where you can run back through so its clear to see if someone is still in spawn they are camping.

and yes ill try to get it done when i have more time....

oh smurf, how bout making 2 versions of the map and trying out each versions??
be a good way to see which one works Razz
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Please answer (map q)   Please answer (map q) Empty2009-10-10, 14:23

yeah I could do that nice and easy snow, its only about 10 seconds of moving triggers and nodraws Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jax

jax

PostSubject: Re: Please answer (map q)   Please answer (map q) Empty2009-10-14, 08:55

first option otherwise on a tight map half the team could get blocked in by a croucher which would be kind of stupid and thered be huge rage, 10 second timer is easily enuf time to get out of spawn though if you could somehow stop it slaying scouters that would be cool
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Please answer (map q)   Please answer (map q) Empty2009-10-14, 09:13

It doesnt slay scouters, that is due to the anticamp script on the server, it only slaps you if you:

A: change to another weapon while your on scout (ie knife)
B: if you get a kill and havent moved enough within the previous 5 seconds.

Camping on scout is ONLY if your stuck on it, ie B shouldnt be an issue unless you were camping on scout....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please answer (map q)   Please answer (map q) Empty

Back to top Go down

Please answer (map q)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ðead Øn Årrival :: General Discussion :: Customization-
Jump to: