Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The future direction for our servers

Go down 
+13
BrokenBos
BOSS
sic_as
Reaper
***mystic***
Mutant Enemy
McLaggin
Edgers
Quoth...
Smurf
Tha Snowmann
WAKE UP Geoff!!
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

The future direction for our servers Empty
PostSubject: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 13:03

Hey Guys,
As of the 01/01/10 the DOA Oz GunGame NO1 server will become an invite only server. Selected players will have their steam id's listed on the server and only they will be able to join. Others will be directed to the other server which will be DOA's public server. At the moment we have some 120 odd names added but I'm sure I've missed many players which we will add as we become aware that they are missing.

The players that will be invited will be those that have demonstrated the style of play that DOA is known for. Players that get along with others and are low maintenance players, never needing to be spoken to by server admins etc.
The idea is to have a server for all the cool guys with non of the hassles involved with having randoms join.
Furthermore invited players that consistently violate these conditions will be uninvited.

Early next year we will be getting a 10 slot scrim server so we can host scrims on our terms. We will have a few different gun orders, eg: scout, awp repeated for practice. Again we will probably use steam id entry for all our guys, who can then lock the server and invite the opposition in, or use it for practice when its not been used for scrims.

cheers Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 13:30

I love it, sounds awesome Geoff... will certainly be making use and contributing the servers... cheers
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 13:41

nice work there geoff. so does this mean that you guys will be setting up the whole thinga bout people monitoring the second server to hand out invites to certain people that meet the DOA requirements to play the invite only server?

hopefully everyone just dosnt go play the no.1 server as then the public server wont be as warm and friendly as it always is.

good to see everything going forward though!

at least the private sever will be like monthly champs! always good not having to worry about petty bullshit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 14:35

Sounds good, is there going to be a list of accepted players?
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 15:31

Hey Guys,
Yes there is a list already assembled of I think 124 steam id's at the moment. As I said there is likely to be 20, 30 ,40 other players I've missed, I have only gone through the mani ranks txt for this and last month to gather the steam id's of everyone. We can either post the names or let players find out when they try to join. I know which takes the least work : )

As for patrolling the public server, we would like all our admins, cpt's and other senior players within the DOA server community to do their time. After all the public server will be the spawning ground for the private servers. And I say servers because as the need rises we will try to fill that need by adding more gg, css and scrim servers.

There is a player threshold for a server before it attracts randoms. We have noticed that if there's around 12 to 14 players on a server, randoms will join. If it's around 8 to 10, they most likely will not. Randoms become regulars and then become clan members.
The best scenario is 12 to 14 on both servers not 24 on one and 2 on the other.

We don't expect that both servers will be full from the beginning, but with stable ip's, the right game play and administration, over time they will be.

cheers
Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 15:57

Aye, I'll be spending a bit of time in the number 2. A lot of the admins will be wanting to play in the number 1 server with the rest of the cool regs, and we need to try and make sure there is a least one admin and a couple regs in the number two to keep that DOA feel happening in there.

I think it's just a fact that people with those privelidges are going to have to play the number 2 as part of the responsibility of being admin.

(I see it as being a way to get higher in the server ranks, now it'll filter out the better players into number 1, and by comparison, I will seem like a better player Very Happy WIN! )

Nice to see this is going into action. This is the part where I pull my finger out and make the regular monthly donation! HAI!
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 16:18

Woohoo! Great work guys, looking forward to seeing this up and running
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 17:22

Yeah I'll swap in between depending on the map haha
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 17:24

fkn nadians Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 17:33

I think it's a great idea, as long as the public server doesn't lose all aspects of community like a lot of other gg servers seem to be like. If you get my drift.
Back to top Go down
Mutant Enemy

Mutant Enemy

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 17:45

Yeah I'll prob be on the pub server mostly...

Really depends how I'm feeling...
Can't wait though, being able to have a normal game without having to worry about randoms being gay sounds pretty fucking cool to me.

Last edited by Mutant Enemy on 2009-12-15, 17:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
***mystic***

***mystic***

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 17:47

Quoth... wrote:

(I see it as being a way to get higher in the server ranks, now it'll filter out the better players into number 1, and by comparison, I will seem like a better player Very Happy WIN! )

HA HA Took the words out of my mouth Quothy,I'll be on the no2 server a fair bit just to crank the ranks,lol.
Will also put in an appearence on no1 too jocolor
Back to top Go down
https://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/Blue_da_Magpie/
Reaper

Reaper

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 17:51

I'm an admin and I'm pretty certain that I wont mind going into the other server every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 18:19

yeah what will happen with the ranks?? is there going to be one ranking system that will watch over the two different servers and collate the ranks for both servers together?

or is each server going to have its own independent ranking system and monthly champs is only taken from the 2nd server?
Back to top Go down
sic_as

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 18:23

hell yer good idea , i luv meeting new ppl so i c me self on the 2 alot but be awsome on the no 1 server ,no randoms..... a safe haven 4 skool holidays lol.

good randoms = regs = new cool members
Back to top Go down
Mutant Enemy

Mutant Enemy

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 19:40

Tha Snowmann wrote:
yeah what will happen with the ranks?? is there going to be one ranking system that will watch over the two different servers and collate the ranks for both servers together?
Just want to point out that having the ranks shared between both servers would be REALLY bad for the simple reason:
Mutant can play both servers
Slartybartfast can not...
So id have and instant advantage..
Really depends on how it's done...

IMO the ranks should be taken from the privet server, this way only the cool regs get in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 20:05

yeah i know there are the flaws with advantages by taking the ranks from both servers that why i was asking.
i think they really should be taken from the no.2 server, that way it will not make the regs constantly play the no.1 server all the time for a better rank. plus if we get some cool regs that can only play the no.2 server getting into the champs then it will entice them to keep playing on the server, sign up to the forums and be a possible new recruit. will also get the members and regs rotating and keeping the DOA vibe going on with no.2 server
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 20:10

How about Top 15 or so from private server, top 10 or so from public server. Private will probably be less busy anyway, so it might be harder to get a full 24 from it
Back to top Go down
BOSS
Banned

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 20:13

yer i will to proobly be on the number 2 server but thye number 1 server sounds cool as......

it about time we can have a decent game without having to worry about the randoms Smile
Back to top Go down
BrokenBos

BrokenBos

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 20:20

I love this idea... my pants just got a little tighter. lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Mutant Enemy

Mutant Enemy

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-15, 20:52

What makes you all think you will get to play the privet server?!?!?!

I see your point there Snowmann, I liked the Champs that were invite only, only cool regs, had much more fun imo.
Will just have to see what they come up with...
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-16, 01:31

All these comments and none of you guys are on the list.

BL

Very Happy

Ranks for champs will be on either one server only, or a list from both, but it wont be averaged out from the two. We may also have server 1 v server 2 type comp as well, dunno yet.

We wont bother with an advertised list, just see if you can join and you'll know lol. We will need to beef up the numbers, we need hundreds on the list so we will prolly have a list that we can all add names too as we think of them and they can then be added as a big group. Its already taken time and theres only 120 or so on it. Geoffs been callin out the names, and we're like yes or no. Some well known names NOT on the list lol. It will work well, cos each one will question why he isnt on the list, will get told, and then they should stop whatever it is they do wrong, so it should sort heaps suff out. Cool
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-16, 02:05

Finds fodders list and sees:

"woffle - no, for being too sxey"

damnnnit.....
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-16, 05:40

I like your idea about the ranks coming from no 2 Snowmann, that makes a lot of sense.
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty2009-12-16, 06:23

Mutant Enemy wrote:
Yeah I'll prob be on the pub server mostly...

Really depends how I'm feeling...
Can't wait though, being able to have a normal game without having to worry about randoms being gay sounds pretty fucking cool to me.

Agreed. But I'm not on the list Surprised

On a serious note the server 1v2 thing sounds like an awesome idea for a first comp when it becomes private Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The future direction for our servers   The future direction for our servers Empty

Back to top Go down

The future direction for our servers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next