Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia

Go down 
+9
Electron
Woffle'
ADMIN
Quoth...
Edgers
McLaggin
The7thLegion
crusherop
Tha Snowmann
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty
PostSubject: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-09-21, 14:56

not sure if any of you guys have heard this or not but LFD 2 has been banned in Australia Sad

Quote :
Valve’s Left 4 Dead 2 has been banned from sale in Australia after being refused classification by the country’s ratings body.

The game, which was set to be distributed by EA for a mid-November release, becomes the fourth title to be refused classification in Australia this year, following Risen, Necrovision and Sexy Poker.

Left 4 Dead 2 “contains realistic, frenetic and unrelenting violence which is inflicted upon the Infected who are living humans infected with a rabies-like virus that causes them to act violently,” the Australian ratings body said in a statement issued to Gamespot. “However, it is the use of the melee weapons such as the crowbar, axe, chainsaw and Samurai sword which inflict the most damage. These close in attacks cause copious amounts of blood spray and splatter, decapitations and limb dismemberment as well as locational damage where contact is made to the enemy which may reveal skeletal bits and gore.”

The Australian ratings board is notoriously strict when it comes to games – while the country’s federal government said last year that it is considering introducing an R18+ classification for games, no rating higher than 15+ currently exists for the medium, despite the fact that movies and magazines can receive adult classification.

Tom Crago, the president of the Game Developers Association of Australia, recently labeled the Australian game rating system a “joke”, Saying that he’s embarrassed by the government’s stance on game classifications.

Source : Edge-Online
Back to top Go down
crusherop

crusherop

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-09-21, 15:31

What a joke these are the best games to play fuk why dont we ban movies that are a bit hard on the eyes, Bunch of wankers
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-09-21, 17:03

I vote we get every person we can to hammer these fucks with anything possible. We gotta start a revolution.
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-09-21, 17:51

yeah but with buying games over steam, its in USD and steam is US based so does that mean we will still be able to get it through steam? or will they block it for us coz of IP location or whatever?
so they will ban buying it from stores here in aus?

just thought of that.....
Back to top Go down
crusherop

crusherop

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-09-21, 17:54

Here here 7th.

Hmmm good point snow confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-09-21, 18:31

Left4Dead has been banned from australia as there is no R18+ rating. No Selling, Advertising or promoting of the game is allowed in Australia.

There is a petition going around with over 2000 signatures atm.

I dont see why games like resident evil, doom3, gears of war 2 are allowed to be released yet LFD2 cant be? ffs
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-09-21, 18:36

or we can jsut change our country on steam if they still wont let us. It will still be relatively easy to get access to, only problem is i doubt there will be aus servers. MAJOR LAG HERE WE COME.
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-09-21, 19:25

yeah saw this last week, its fucken bullshit. Something really needs to be done about Australia's gaming ratings, the government thinks we're a bunch of fucking retards who can't look after ourselves. If a parent can't moniter what their kids are playing then thats their problem, censorship doens't solve any problems..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-09-22, 04:18

Well i currently have 2 Left4Dead servers active atm, and i can gaurentee if i can get a copy of LFD2 ill be hosting it hahaha!

As long as i dont advertise it im sweet lol
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-09-22, 15:34

Valve would likely get slammed if there were people able to buy it in australia, after it being refused classification, so I doubt there would be any way to get it here. they should easily be able to track the location that the downloaded content is being recieved at. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-09-28, 05:07

Tha Snowmann wrote:
yeah but with buying games over steam, its in USD and steam is US based so does that mean we will still be able to get it through steam? or will they block it for us coz of IP location or whatever?
so they will ban buying it from stores here in aus?

just thought of that.....
SiN Episode 1 (a source game on steam) was banned in Germany, the people I spoke to couldn't even get it over a proxy so :S

Aus rating has always pissed me off, GTA is so much different in the US and UK and ours is a copped down kid version... how gay is that?
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-09-28, 06:57

need to use a vpn tunnel to be able to play it at a guess. proxies are just too transparant.
Back to top Go down
Electron

Electron

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-10-10, 13:13

News!!!

"The makers of Left 4 Dead 2 have changed the highly-anticipated zombie video game so it can go on sale in Australia."
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-10-10, 19:16

fta:
Quote :
But the board has given the OK to a toned-down version of the game because it meets Australia's MA15+ requirements.

The board's report said melee weapons such as "axes, crowbars and chainsaws" were still in the game, but other features had been edited out.

"The board notes that the game no longer contains depictions of decapitation, dismemberment, wound detail or piles of dead bodies lying about the environment," it said.

Pretty gay that we don't get the full version. The shit that's out there in movies and on the net, even on other games gets through, but we have to be protected from cutting off zombie heads. Man, when the zombie apocolypse comes Australia has no chance.
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-10-11, 10:04

I hope you know when that day comes if you turn I will KILL YOU without hesitation.

I expect the same treatment.
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-10-11, 10:06

I heard from ign that valve had appealed the case, and was presenting the unedited version to the censorship board, then if that failed they would release a censored version.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-10-14, 07:05

yeah they are going to be releasing a 'washed' out version to aus, which will be shit i think Sad

however, apparently NZ will be getting the full uncensored version coz they have a R18+ game rating or something, am i right woffle?
if so we might be able to get someone from NZ (woffle Smile) to gift the game to us Very Happy but we would have to play on NZ servers if you want to play it online. if its offline it should be all sweet.........i think.

just read a few things and heard a few people did this so yeah.
woffle, you might have a few request coming your way Razz
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-10-14, 08:24

Willing to do it so long as the monies in my account first.

Oh and DOA members only Razz hehe (well maybe not)
Back to top Go down
Fletch

Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-10-14, 09:29

I could help out with that too Wink
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-10-14, 09:42

Your in nz?
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-10-14, 09:44

Will there be any point for us aussies? Not sure if many/any servers will go up? Even in NZ.......
Back to top Go down
Fletch

Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-10-14, 13:12

Yea I'm in NZ woffle Smile There should be enough NZ servers up if we've got the full version though
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-10-14, 14:51

Dunno, anyone in vic should be good for ping etc but the wa's may have a bit of a ping Smile

Where abouts in nz? Im in mt eden, ak (not the prison)
Back to top Go down
Fletch

Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-10-14, 14:55

I'm in Hanmer Springs haha
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty2009-10-14, 18:34

Woffle says "Your in nz?"

Didnt pick the accent mate? (eccent)

Is the pope a catholic? Laughing Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia   Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia Empty

Back to top Go down

Left For Dead 2 Banned in Australia
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next