Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mapping ninjas

Go down 
+4
ADMIN
Crimson
Tha Snowmann
fodder
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-04, 18:11

Hey listen up all you mappers.

We are starting to get to the point of getting a heap of really awesome gg maps that are made by OUR guys. Especially what I reckon are the DOA server signature maps.

FFF......fast furious fun!! Quick, clean, clear, bright, simple maps, and good gg play.

We feel kinda proud I guess and think its really cool that these maps were made for OUR server eh. FK YEH!

7ths Warehouse, Snowmans arena, Subtronic, Tunneltimes, Mystic crystal, DOA Arena, Jaffa Time, etc. Prolly more but thats what's off the top of my head. (soz if I left u out)

And the two latest masterpieces from the Blackbelt, Ninja Level Master Mapper, Mutant Enemy, IZAN and dead on arrival KAKE (what a concept, how good is he, lol)

I think it is a must to sign your map!!!!!!!!

On our server, ppl know 7th made that map, on some other server its just some map called 7ths warehouse. I reckon in say two places in the map it should say "made by 7th Legion". or who ever. As I said before, "it's your painting, you should sign it!" And hey, isn't that cool???

Over time, we have had players from America, Germany, Russia, Korea, Singapore, fkn bulgaria or somewhere, even some weird place called New Zilland (I think that's how they say it Laughing ), where have those players linked to? And those links? Where have they linked to?

Your map could be the most favourite map somewhere!! Sign it I reckon.

And it would be awesome from our point of view, if we had a DOA logo on the map too. It would mean like, "this map was made for OUR server". Cool as. Maybe "Dead On Arrival" printed somewhere. Or DOA logo and your name under it if ur a DOA clan man. If not, like Snowmann. You have NaD Tha Snowmann, or Snowman or whatever signed but also with the DOA symbol and "dead on arriival" somewhere.

All identical DOA tags etc and symbols etc, a uniform thing across the maps eh, make it a real signature thing, I reckon it would be cool as, get ur name and the community well known!!

We would also have a built in running script in the map like, Map made by DOA Crimson, or Snowman or whatever eh. Cool.

When your maps are finally perfected they can be modified so they are difficult for anyone to decompile or alter. Like a bit if a copy right.

If your into it, our current maps should be altered to suit, and updated, and future faves added.

If your not into that whole picture, like the DOA thing, thats cool, but hey, sign your maps, I really do believe you should have bragging rights. Like, FK YEH, I made that map!! I really do reckon it's fkn awesome guys eh. Smile

From now on all new maps will go through the normal process of us approving of it, the regs enjoying it, it becomes a popular map, we love it etc.

Final approval and updating of these maps will be given by Mutant Enemy.

It's your map eh, you do what you like, whatever, we love those maps anyway. Just thought it was a good kinda "big picture" sort of idea, what do you guys think? Cool
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-05, 03:09

fuck yeah i think everyone should have something that at least designates that they made that map, ive got my spray up on each side of my map. but yeah wish i had something like "Snowmann" or "Map made by Snowmann" on it somewhere.

for all you DOA guys that make the maps i think they should def have the DOA logo or DOA tag somewhere on it. make it recognised that this is where its home is and this is what it was made for!! there are some awesome maps that are coming out!
especially Mutants new idea of the 5 maps in one, thats just crazy and makes it wicked to play as you never know which one is gonna come up next.

I think that built in running scrip fodder is a good idea to so people can know who made the map.

its always good getting recognition and all that from people who like your map Smile
Back to top Go down

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-05, 06:17

Yeah i agree with what fodder and snowmann said.
Back to top Go down
Crimson

Crimson

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-05, 07:31

map approvals by mutant? oh no way!
he'll be all like "the map is fine but you'll have to change the map name, i want that one"

hurrr
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerupdesign.org
ADMIN

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-05, 07:40

Nuh I'll be more like "It's shit, you can't label that shit with an awesome name" jk <3

And anyway I'm pretty sure you said that Crimson ya nub.
Back to top Go down
***mystic***

***mystic***

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-05, 15:07

Your more than welcome to copyright my map,it's as good as it gets.However I was thinkin of making the crystal breakable and have a surprise inside,as soon as I work out how to,lol
Back to top Go down
https://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/Blue_da_Magpie/
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-05, 15:10

make it with heaps of health so its hard to break! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-05, 16:05

As far as mutant giving approval is concerned, it wasn't for all the maps made, (cos some don't work out) but for the maps that have passed, theyr'e on the server all the time, popular, etc. Like the map names mentioned. (and a few more).

That would be like a package maybe, the mapmakers tag, DOA logo, or dead on arrival sign, running script ingame, anti-decompiling etc, eh.

But only if you want to of course, just thought it would be recognition for the mapmaker, and it would also get the DOA name out there a bit more.

The maps, cos it's our style of play, would get the reputation of like "those DOA maps are mad fkn maps" lol.

Be cool as Cool
Back to top Go down
Fletch

Fletch

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-05, 16:19

MYSTIC MAKE THE SUPRISE AN AWP AND I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER!!! I love you lol!
Back to top Go down
Reaper

Reaper

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-05, 17:43

ma_ban fletch perm
Back to top Go down

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-05, 18:39

Fletch wrote:
MYSTIC MAKE THE SUPRISE AN AWP AND I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER!!! I love you lol!

HAHA... i 2nd this motion and opt for full awp priveledges on all maps lol!
Back to top Go down
Crimson

Crimson

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-05, 19:22

Reaper wrote:
ma_ban fletch perm
second.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerupdesign.org
ADMIN

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-05, 20:25

You guys realize that "our GG5" removes all weapons from maps cept nades?

NOOBS!

So yeah, this includes me sticking the tag around and all that crap but also I'll be copyrighting it kinda thing, so anti-decompileing crap and everything else.

It's still your map and no huge changes will be made unless we ask you first or get you to do it.
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-06, 01:32

Mystic is nowhere near gay enuff to stick an awp in his map.

Sif actually like the Noob Cannon. Smile

We only ever played cs no sniper servers. Fkn awps changed the face of a cs game. So many awpers don't actually play the game, no teamwork, didnt care bout hostages or bombs, just how many people they could kill from their gayass camping position, (shudders at the memory)

Only good thing about an awper is the satisfaction of killin one Laughing
Back to top Go down

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-06, 03:21

Yeah ill have to agree with fodder in regards to the satisfaction of killing an awper with an awp yourself, its even better if you kill them with a rifle or pistol and of course the knife in the back is always the most fulfilling haha!
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-06, 03:44

in terms of normal css where you do have to rescue hostages and defuse the bombs and all that the AWP is part of the game. its a whole different strategy so i would have to disagree with you fodder and pyro.
In GG its a no no. in normal css its all good Smile
i always said to people who hated people using the awp in normal css servers to go piss off to a server that dosnt allow it. its part of the game and was put there for a reason.

but no need to go into this crap within the thread.

back on topic, i think if we can somehow 'copyright' the maps so they cant be changed then that would be sweet especially with the DOA tags and map makers name in it
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-06, 09:17

Tha Snowmann wrote:
in terms of normal css where you do have to rescue hostages and defuse the bombs and all that the AWP is part of the game. its a whole different strategy so i would have to disagree...
Wait did you just?... holy shit...

You're GAY! No respect!

Tha Snowmann wrote:
back on topic, i think if we can somehow 'copyright' the maps so they cant be changed then that would be sweet especially with the DOA tags and map makers name in it
Yeah I can do it Snowwie, I don't like the idea of people decompiling my maps and all that crap without my permission so I figured out how to stop them.
Back to top Go down
***mystic***

***mystic***

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-07, 09:05

fodder wrote:
Mystic is nowhere near gay enuff to stick an awp in his map.

Sif actually like the Noob Cannon. Smile

We only ever played cs no sniper servers. Fkn awps changed the face of a cs game. So many awpers don't actually play the game, no teamwork, didnt care bout hostages or bombs, just how many people they could kill from their gayass camping position, (shudders at the memory)

Only good thing about an awper is the satisfaction of killin one Laughing

Agreed,I used to get great pleasure playin dust 2 and rushing out of long A doors zig zagin with a p90 and slappin the shit out of awpers camping the doors at "T" spawn Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/Blue_da_Magpie/
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty2009-11-08, 13:04

Nah, not much srategy in camping entire maps with an awp killing everyone with one shot, scope trained on a crack in the door way, so try and get thru the door and die, and if theirs 3-4 awpers, then everything is covered, gay as, I reckon.

Some days everyones playin good rounds of cs, no awpers, then a new guy gets an awp, someone on the other team gets one, etc, and the entire face of the game would change.

Often they didnt do anything on a team basis, not even bother with the mission when theres only one or two of you left. Often only interested in leading the kills. Much more strategy and team play without em I reckon.

Sssooooo many guys just hated the awp eh, no awps ftw. It's ok snowmann, you love your awp, I hate it. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mapping ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mapping ninjas   Mapping ninjas Empty

Back to top Go down

Mapping ninjas
Page 1 of 1