Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The new !give Thingy.

Go down 
+11
Mutant Enemy
Monster
Amz
icecube
WAKE UP Geoff!!
fodder
bundy bear
Stika
Dark Angel
Edgers
Plague
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Plague

Plague

The new !give Thingy. Empty
PostSubject: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-12, 04:07

Is it necessary to have the give bound as "!give". Whenever I go to another server, I can't use my give. I thought it would be much easier (instead of having 2 Give keys) to just leave give as "say !give". I remember that one of the reasons for changing it was that people would spam give and it would show up in chat but I'm sure there used to be a !give mod in which it didn't show up in chat.

Could someone clear up why it's changed?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/its_teh_plague
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-12, 06:24

Because it spams the chat and is annoying. Other servers? Pfffffffffffff gtfo traitor
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-12, 06:37

What edgers is politely saying is we have the "!give" script running to prevent chat from being spammed. I personally think thats better than another server who has the chat spam. No idea why its the way it is, but I think you should tell the other servers to do it our way, because we are the best cheers
Back to top Go down
Stika

Stika

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-12, 07:33

Currently !give shows up at a HUD message, that way it wont spam chat, but you can still see it
Back to top Go down
bundy bear

bundy bear

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-12, 07:53

i like the new !give as it means there is an intelligence test for retards who are like "y doesnt !give work wahwahwah" its great cause then we know the kind of ppl who cant follow smple instructions like dont camp
Back to top Go down
Plague

Plague

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-12, 08:26

Well I'm sorry I have a life outside DOA Edgers >.>
Didn't DOA used to have a give mod where it didn't show up in chat though?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/its_teh_plague
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-12, 08:41

Yeah, I think it was either causing problems, or only worked with a different version of gungame.
Back to top Go down
Stika

Stika

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-12, 08:51

there is an option where you can say weather you want it to show in chat or not(server side)
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-15, 07:35

Yeh, diffrent results n shit for gg3 gg4 gg5 etc Cool
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-15, 13:07

Hey Guys,
As stika has said I think there is a way of making certain chat messages not show up in chat. This is normally used to filter or censor certain words that you dont want used on your server like the "c" word for example. But may I say that the server you are playing is doing something wrong if the console command for !give isn't working, especially if they are running gungame 5. In trying to keep all mani workings to a minimum I decided to not activate the censorship script and just have the console command instead. People should realise that mani is a very heavy user of the servers resources and if you want rego and smooth running then we should only use what we have to. Maybe you could get on their forums and ask why !give console commands doesn't work on their server.

It should be remembered that until I worked out a way of getting give to work with gungame 3 ,there was no give solely for gg3 unless you were running deathmatch. And now having speed up the level up weapon switch and the !give to as fast as gg5 I don't see many problems running gg3 except maybe only getting a knife on level up but it has meant that the server has run constantly without hardly any crashes. Something we couldn't say for gg5.

And as gungame 5.1 is having issues and wont be out until who knows when, we will be sticking with gg3 for some time to come it looks like.

Thank you to Plague for asking and really guys, you are all a bit touchy sometimes Wink , he was only asking. I hope that I have answered your question anyway Plague : )

cheers Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
Stika

Stika

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-15, 16:17

im running GG5 on my dummy server no problems, what seems to be the problem with GG5, PM me if you like
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-15, 17:47

hey stika,
Man gg5 is fine with light use, DOA is by no means a light use server. We have tried gg5 versions 577, 581 and 586. We have teamed them with 3 different versions of mani_admin_plugins and 3 different versions of eventscripts.
We have even gone to Dieslows server for NBK, where he had never had any crash issues.

There was only one thing in common with all of these things. DOA crashed them, and I mean constantly. GunGame 5 has inherent problems with the python script. I could go into my theories about it if you wanted but that would be long and boring and the people involved with the creation and development get a bit tetchy about being told they don't understand what they have created. They have been working on the new gungame script for some time now and they still are having the same problems as the old. Ooooo and it makes you wonder. I have found programmers are the dumbest smart people in the world.

In short or Long, gg5 sucks and we would rather have a server that doesn't crash and put up with the short comings of gg3 than have a glitzy gg5 that crashes constantly.

cheers Sleep
Back to top Go down
Stika

Stika

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-16, 05:25

fair enough Smile
Back to top Go down
icecube

icecube

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-16, 07:02

sometimes the gun is invisible.... lol why
Back to top Go down
http://www.cominexcomputing.com
Stika

Stika

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-16, 07:12

Cause its a bug in GG3 and GG4 thats the whole purpose of the give command to give you the correct gun for the lvl you are on Smile
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-16, 07:14

Cos that's the way we roll ice cube, fkn easy to have just a straight gun order like all the other servers, with us you get an invisible gun, that still fires even, and also sometimes an extra gun that seems to float alonside of you. Cool eh Very Happy

Welcome to the forums mate, the place where a sensible response is not always forthcoming Shocked
Back to top Go down
Stika

Stika

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-16, 07:16

fodder wrote:
Welcome to the forums mate, the place where a sensible response is not always forthcoming Shocked

Especially coming from fod
Razz
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-16, 07:21

Hey Guys,
The delay for getting the next weapon on level up and the !give were originally 0.5, which was way too slow in the scheme of things. I have adjusted both scripts to .01 which I'm now thinking is a bit too quick for the weapon animation to cope with. This most likely is also the reason that on occasion you only get a knife on level up instead of the next weapon. I will be tinkering with the script shortly to see if these problems can be overcome and we can gain a happy medium between speed and reliability.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Amz

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-16, 12:24

nawwww i rekon its kool geoff Very Happy leave it at .01!
Back to top Go down
icecube

icecube

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-16, 13:08

haha yea i can see that fod
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-16, 14:24

Sif come out with factual common sense Geoff, specially to a newcomer on the forums.

Wheres the mystery and sense of adventure in that? (nub)

Welcome Ice Cube Razz
Back to top Go down
icecube

icecube

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-16, 14:25

haha thanx dude. dont know why my recruitment post was deleted when there is like 5 others there... but okayy
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-16, 14:56

My sticky post about recruitment is brand new Cube, thats why, only posted yesterday or day before. You came along at just the wrong time mate, Smile
Back to top Go down
icecube

icecube

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-17, 04:41

ok fair enuf. well u know my interest so thats kool
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty2010-01-17, 10:26

Plague, I have not had any problems with give on any other servers. As Geoff said maybe it is the actual server you're on that needs to make a change. Granted that most other servers have been war/scrim servers but that shouldn't make any difference (should it?).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new !give Thingy.   The new !give Thingy. Empty

Back to top Go down

The new !give Thingy.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next