Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.

Go down 
+4
crusherop
fodder
Mutant Enemy
WAKE UP Geoff!!
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty
PostSubject: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-15, 02:01

Hey Guys,
I will kick this section off with a shortened catalog of my cars most of which never saw another arse sit in them lol.

My first car was my mums Hillman Super Minx station wagon. That got stolen even before I got my full liecence.
As I never had keys for it , it couldn't be locked and under the dash were 2 buttons to start it. Imagine the thieves luck when they ducked down to hot wire the thing.

Next was a Fiat 132, the first car I hit 100 mph /165 kph. For a little 1600 cc tohc it went like a little rocket. It ended up spinning around on its roof. The first time I realised when you are hanging upside down, put your hand on the roof to hold yourself up before you undo the seat belt lol.

Next car I had was a1973 Celica. That was the first car I got to 220 kph between Phillip Island and Dandenong.
Oh and that ended up on its roof, there was starting to be a bit of a pattern happening but at least I remembered to brace myself before I undid the seat bealt.

Next in the cars that were scrap metal, but just didn't know it yet, was a 1972 Datsun 240z. Well that was the body anyway, It had a leyland p76 alloy V8 with a 650 holley carby, a wiesman locker drag diff, Lambaghini esprite struts.
This thing left Porches in it's dust and handled like a racing car, go around suburban street corners doing 100kph without blinking and with the locker diff when you had it pointing in the right direction, you planted your foot into it and it went were ever it was pointing.
This car got me into the 250kph club. Guys who know tassie, I got between Latrobe, just outside Devenport, to Deloraine about 42km in just over 9 minutes. The accelerator peddle had some more to give but the old points bounce and valve bounce meant she could give no more. 158 mph is flying but when I had to slow down for Deloraine I thought I should get out and walk because it would be quicker to get home. And no that car didn't end up on its roof, figured out by then that cars go better on their wheels lol.

Kids, family and work have meant that from there it was a succession of work utes, wagons and vans have invaded my life. Oh bugger now I don't drive over 80kph very often, don't laugh, you all will get there soon enough : )

cheers guys looking forward to hearing about your cars and driving adventures.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
Mutant Enemy

Mutant Enemy

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-15, 02:16

I thought you also rolled ya dads van?
Got T-boned and slid down the road on its side at like 80kph? D:

Some of you guys would have seen Geoff's Datsun Z at the last lan, the yellow bits of crap under the house xD
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-15, 07:23

Ha ha, that was a fkn scary car eh, few stories round that one lol. Gotta dig out an old picture, geoff at mine workin on his engine, Reyne sittin on the air filter under the bonnet with a socket in his hand "workin on the car" with Geoff, lookin very serious, he was about 3 yrs old lol. Shit wer'e gettin old Geoff, that was 18 yrs ago Shocked

Ha ha Mutant Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crusherop

crusherop

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-15, 10:25

WAKE UP Geoff!! wrote:
you all will get there soon enough : )

Sleep

I am there geoff i used to luv my XE falcon off its nuts for a 5cyl lol one cylinder was only putting out like 10% of its allowance but still use to blow 5 litre commy's away but yeah now i have been retired to a ssangyong stavic turbo diesel mini van but all is good it has the mercedes drive line and goes fairly good lol
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-15, 12:13

Cmon Grieve, thought you would have told us all about your GF by now man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-15, 12:17

A sangyong mini van, cool, ur gettin old Crush Very Happy

Wtf is a sangyong? never heard of it, sounds like a korean vaccuum cleaner (with cyclonic suction of course) Laughing
Back to top Go down
grievous

grievous

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-15, 13:21

Bwhahaha, yer sorry guys was pretty busy at work today, esp when I told my boss I was resigning and handed him my letter of resignation.

Awesome stories you got there Geoff. I don't even come close to stories like that.

Was on a "Spirited Drive" through Wollongong National Park one night around 10pm with about 15 or so other rexies plus 1 R32 Skyline GTR. Lucky everyone had loud as fk exhausts, albeit me, to scare away wildlife.

It was the first time I had ever been through there, and was dark as fk. Basically every corner was fkn blind, could never see where to exit through until 3/4 through the turns. Averaged around 140-150 km/h the whole way through, it's twisty as hell through there.

There was a big fkn right-hand hairpin (180 degrees corner) after a downhill part, the R32 out of everyone fkn lost if, spun like a mofo, and clipped the guard rail. Fkn lucky because I believe was a very big drop on the other side.

I was keeping up with a dude in a STI the whole way, but I've only got 5 speed, so I was braking harder throughout the night. As this shit happens. As everyone was on the brakes hard and down shifting, to stop for the Skyline, I went to press mine and it felt like I was stepping on a sponge.

My mate riding shotgun, is like "stttooooooooooopppppppppppppppppppppppp!" I always double clutch for down shift (a.k.a heel - n - toe), fkn saved my life, I couldn't stop at all, had smoke pissing out of the front wheels ey.

I kept my baby going, didn't want to cool the pads too quick or anything. At the end of the run, there is a lookout where you can apparently see all of Wollongong. All I could see, was fkn pitch black.

Was good fun though, plus the Skyline only damaged his rear bar and bent the tip of his exhaust in, I fkn hate canon exhausts btw. They look fkn atrocious.

As I said, nothing close to Geoff's stories.

Last edited by grievous on 2010-01-15, 13:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-15, 13:21

Wtf is a sangyong?

The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Stavic2

The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Ssangyong
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-15, 13:36

um, really nicely designed rear Shocked
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-15, 13:47

Geoffs Z used to fang it eh, and handle like a fkn F1 car. He used to colin macrae it on the dirt roads where we lived in the bush too, you'd see this lil yellow bullet hurtling down the road sdeways lol.

One day this woman we know was cruising down a dirt road and Geoff had the Z doin just that, hurtling sideways down the road at her after fangin it round a bend.

She totally freaked and ran straight off the road into the bush, fkd her car a up a bit lol. She goes off at geoff and wants him to pay for all the repairs cos of his reckless driving and "causing" her to go off road.

Geoffs like hey I was in total control, was still metres away from you (lol), just as I got to you I woulda pulled out of it and straightened up, no probs. If you wanna freak out then bl.

Ha ha, dont think she ever forgave him lol
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-15, 13:55

Yer Mutant that did happen but is a van falling onto it's side technically rolling it, mmm not sure about that. I was going down the road in my old man's e20 van to get bits for my 2500 triumph sedan I think , just before I came to tassie.

Two cars were 1oo metres in frount of me approaching an cross road and this silly old biddy grandma decided they were the only cars on the road or something. Anyway she waited for them to go past and then she started to come out of the side street. I remember looking at her thinking surely she is going to look, but no, once she had made up her mind to go through she only had eyes for the other side. I started drifting over to the wrong side of the road yelling take a look you STUPID FKN OLD BITCH. But no she rammed into the back sliding door and just for a sec I thought "I can hold this on two wheels". But you know that's a dam side harder than it looks, all I managed to do was soften the impact to the point that when the side mirror got slammed into the drivers side window, it didn't even smash it.

I just remember sliding down the road doing about 80 kph with my head about a foot away from the road with fkn sparks flying everywhere still trying to steer the bloody van lol. When I eventually stopped I got out the back door and was looking at my old man's van, which I wasn't suppose to be driving saying "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST" and this old grandma was standing there glaring at me saying "he want be able to help you" Jesus she was lucky I loved my nanna.

Oh and furthermore apparently I was 20% in the wrong because I was there wtf. The old man was not happt. I was glad I was leaving for tassie the next day, hard to get your arse kicked from 200 clicks away : )

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Fletch

Fletch

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-15, 14:38

grievous wrote:
Bwhahaha, yer sorry guys was pretty busy at work today, esp when I told my boss I was resigning and handed him my letter of resignation.

Awesome stories you got there Geoff. I don't even come close to stories like that.

Was on a "Spirited Drive" through Wollongong National Park one night around 10pm with about 15 or so other rexies plus 1 R32 Skyline GTR. Lucky everyone had loud as fk exhausts, albeit me, to scare away wildlife.

It was the first time I had ever been through there, and was dark as fk. Basically every corner was fkn blind, could never see where to exit through until 3/4 through the turns. Averaged around 140-150 km/h the whole way through, it's twisty as hell through there.

There was a big fkn right-hand hairpin (180 degrees corner) after a downhill part, the R32 out of everyone fkn lost if, spun like a mofo, and clipped the guard rail. Fkn lucky because I believe was a very big drop on the other side.

I was keeping up with a dude in a STI the whole way, but I've only got 5 speed, so I was braking harder throughout the night. As this shit happens. As everyone was on the brakes hard and down shifting, to stop for the Skyline, I went to press mine and it felt like I was stepping on a sponge.

My mate riding shotgun, is like "stttooooooooooopppppppppppppppppppppppp!" I always double clutch for down shift (a.k.a heel - n - toe), fkn saved my life, I couldn't stop at all, had smoke pissing out of the front wheels ey.

I kept my baby going, didn't want to cool the pads too quick or anything. At the end of the run, there is a lookout where you can apparently see all of Wollongong. All I could see, was fkn pitch black.

Was good fun though, plus the Skyline only damaged his rear bar and bent the tip of his exhaust in, I fkn hate canon exhausts btw. They look fkn atrocious.

As I said, nothing close to Geoff's stories.

GREV WTF was this in WA??? I swear to god thats my mate if it is
Back to top Go down
grievous

grievous

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-15, 14:44

Fletch wrote:

GREV WTF was this in WA??? I swear to god thats my mate if it is

Hahaha nah Fletch it's in Sydney, the greatest city of them all.

LOL by these stories, geoff was crazy. On the mic he sounds like a soft person.
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-15, 20:34

yer man in my younger days I couldn't get there fast enough. Cops started giving me a hard time though. When I first came down to tassie I still had a Vic liecence for 6 months or so before I changed it over. I got done for speeding a fair few times, lol a couple of times they had to book me for exceeding 140 kph because they couldn't catch me and that was as fast as they could go on the twisty road to my place lol. On the way to my place the last couple of k's were gravel so I had to go about 20 kph or the thing would shake it's self to bits, and twice they caught up to me pulling into my driveway lol. It's amazing how pissed of coppers get when they can't keep up with you.

Anyway, back to the point, when they booked me each time they said, because I was on a Vic liecence I only had to pay the fine and no points would be taken off. Cool I thought no worries, tassie's fines were nothing compared to Melbourne's anyway. But bugger me when I swapped over to a tassie liecence the copper behind the desk goes, "mmm I'm afraid you will lose 10 points of your liecence for prior infringements. I had to drive a whole year on 2 bloody points.

Not daunted I did all my fast driving at 3 or 4 in the morning. I had several circuits that I used to drive that looped around the area that I lived and I would just do them during the week when the cops were in bed lol.

Now get caught doing the speeds I used to do and they take your car off you and tear up your liecence, how things have change.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
crusherop

crusherop

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-16, 09:41

Woffle' wrote:
Wtf is a sangyong?

The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Stavic2

The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Ssangyong

Its korean built with mercedes driveline 4x4 turbo diesel with a massive 123kw and 380nm torque lol and yes fodder what a nice rear end they have lol not much thought in the design it was actully voted the ugliest car ever made, Watch top gear australia season 1 on the WHAT WERE THEY THINKING WALL Lol.
Back to top Go down
Mutant Enemy

Mutant Enemy

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-17, 13:07

WAKE UP Geoff!! wrote:
Yer Mutant that did happen but is a van falling onto it's side technically rolling it, mmm not sure about that.
Pedantic cock mungler!

Rolling it sounds way more awesome than "tipped it on its side" oh noes you got "tipped" pft, "I rolled the tha prick" sounds way more epic awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-17, 13:34

Mutant Enemy wrote:
WAKE UP Geoff!! wrote:
Yer Mutant that did happen but is a van falling onto it's side technically rolling it, mmm not sure about that.
Pedantic cock mungler!

Rolling it sounds way more awesome than "tipped it on its side" oh noes you got "tipped" pft, "I rolled the tha prick" sounds way more epic awesomeness.

NO, Geoff is NOT a pedantic cock mungler.......

I am worse than that Smile
Source: Dictionary.com

roll  [rohl]
–verb
to perform a periodical revolution in an orbit, as a heavenly body.

If we are to take an orbit as being an axial movement with an undetermined distance or length. Then take the periodicity as being .25, it has therefore performed an action of rolling and could be considered to be rolled from its originating position within the environment to which it started.

Further more there is no interjection that i can forsee in respect of the van not being a heavenly body, as this conjoint in the definition was generic in nature and did not state whether this was celestial or religious in nature...

As we all know there are many religions out there and there could of infact been a family of ants in the van that beleived that the road marking to which the van went over was in fact a god. And unless we go back in time and ask those ants we will never know.

In summation the van referred to by Mutant Enemy was in fact rolled by the cited definition above.

Pedantic Mungler out.....

Last edited by Woffle' on 2010-01-17, 13:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mutant Enemy

Mutant Enemy

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-17, 13:37

I hate you...
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-17, 13:43

But i agree that rolling it A) sounds better and more importantly (to me) B) that its technically correct....

haha this looks like a smily face B)
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-17, 13:55

Geez fk Woffle, speaking of pedantic !!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-17, 13:58

Double post by fodder, must,,,, no, delete....,,,, NO leave it...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-17, 14:04

m3h going crazy, just the norm. Back on topic will try and find the pics of my car after a tour bus hit it.
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-17, 14:12

Ha ha Woffle, upgraded to Explorer 8 yesterday and had nothing but hassles ever since, that "pedantic" comment wouldnt send. tried it 3 times, nuh! wouldnt send, ended up thinking fk it, I'll load up mozilla firefox and use that as my browser. Reopen the forums and there it is, sent 3 times lol Cool
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-17, 14:16

www.google.com/chrome

good browser nice and quick, IE8 fails and so does firefox if you dont use the addons regularly
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty2010-01-17, 14:20

Never had a hassle with IE but as soon as I "upgraded" to IE 8, geez, nothing but weird shit goin on Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next