Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

fodders (music) stories

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

fodders (music) stories Empty
PostSubject: fodders (music) stories   fodders (music) stories Empty2010-01-15, 05:34

I spent years goin to gigs in the old days and have a fair few music related tales to pass on, thought it might be good to read to kick off this new forum topic, so we dont just get bogged down with just links eh.

Post anything to do with music here, not just links, you must have a few live gig tales Open Smile

I went to a Black Sabbath gig, way back when Ossie actually knew which day it was, and they were real big back then.

The support band was a new, unheard of band called AC/DC Smile

It started in total darkness, this powerhouse drum beat thumpin, few secs later a pounding base kicked in, each band member spotlit as his turn came to kick in, Bon Scot not singin yet but lit up. Then this fkn screamin guitar goin full pelt started happenin and was just goin off. Stage spots were very dim, turned down low, rest of The Hordern Pavilion still pitch black. This guitar was goin manic eh, but still no sign of him.

Suddenly four huge spots from 4 corners go up, and suspended from the roof and slowly coming down is this cage with this crazy young kid just fkn lettin loose with his guitar, absolutely goin off and stompin round this cage lol. In his schoolboy outfit with the old school satchel on his back of course. Funny thing was, that back then, he WAS a schoolboy lol. He was 15 or 16, wow!!

They did a powerhouse set that was truely awesome, and the crowd went off all the way thru it. Was amazing cos normally with some big band like Sabbath, and a nobody support band, the support band normally gets bugger all feedback from the crowd, but they went off.

When they were done and Black Sabbath took the stage, Ossie just stood there at the mic in silence for a bit, then said like, "What the fuck are we supposed to do after that, fuck me"

Was an awesome night Cool
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Rose Tattoo   fodders (music) stories Empty2010-01-15, 06:16

They weren't really my type of band but they did play good basic thumpin rock eh. Bunch of us went to a gig outside the Opera House in Syd one morning cos it was free lol. About a dozen of us went. This stands out in my memories as one of the more epic gigs I went to, but for a funny sort of reason. (I've typed this story somewhere b4 lol)

Was one of those stages thats just a huge semi trailer with one side open. When we got there they were set up all ready to go, but it had been pouring rain non stop all morning and there was absolutely no one there. The Tatts were just sitting there lookin pissed and bored, hopin the rain would bugger off. It didnt, it kept just belting down, so heavy.

After a while Angry said, "well sorry folks, but this is fkd, wer'e packin up"

Me and a mate fronted them and I was sayin like, man we been standin here in the pissin rain waiting, your under cover, who cares, play man, you play, wer'e into it. Anyways I hassled em so much they were like ok then, lets go.

They started playin and we got into it, we were all ragin eh, pretty shitfaced and havin a ball dancing in the driving rain lol. I think it was inspiring the Tatts cos they started to feed off us, and they started really gettin into it and were goin off back at us. This kept going back and forth, you could really feel the interaction and really sense they were totally goin off cos we were, and vice versa. I'd seen em a few times, but I reckon they never got into it so much and so hard as that day. They were just goin berserk in the end. I reckon they got off on the fact that we were willing to put up with the shit weather to see em play.

Was really amazing, a big name band, goin real hard at a gig with like 12 people there lol. It has always stood out as a memorable gig. I often think I should contact the remnants of the band (they keep dyin one by one) and ask them if they remember it. I bet for the same reasons as me Angry Anderson has never forgotten it either. Was a very cool thing for them to do eh. Cool
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Moving Pictures   fodders (music) stories Empty2010-01-15, 06:57

Back in the day, these guys were an awesome live act, really good powerful music. Went to so fkn many of their gigs I knew the lyrics to their songs lol. Their lead singer was a powerhouse performer, leaping about all over the place with a really powerful voice, and a damn fine singer while doin it all.
Every muso hot as too.

(written this story somewhere too wtf?)

I used to go to this really cool wine bar in Nth Sydney called "The Alley Cat", great lil bar, mexican food cos the owner was mexican/american, and always good bands. Every wall and cieling, even in the dunnies, was blackboard, totally covered in sayings and jokes n shit. There was no room left for a "post" so you would rub out something lame or boring and write your thing up. It was full of funny shit eh. Moving Pictures played there weekly, and me and a friend always went to get into it and dance.

Alex the lead singer used to go off, but the band were restricted to a corner, and the dance floor was small, with the whole place always packed out. Alex couldnt cope with the lack of space, so he would often leap up onto the bar stalkin up and down leaping everwhere lol. He'd just kick anything out of the way while he went, ashtrays and glasses goin everywhere.

This was in punk days (real punk) and that sort of stuff was ok, and seen as "punk attitude, lol. The band wasnt punk but he kinda was, all dressed in black and chock full of attitude. Anyways it was always a great ragin music night.

I used to dance all the time at any gig and went out with this girl cos we just loved dancin together. Soon as a band arked up we would hit it!

Renee the owner approached me one night cos we were sort of an attraction lol lol, some ppl came just to watch us dance ha ha. He offered us $20 each, a mexican meal, and all we could drink for free, whenever a band was on. It was also cos it would get other ppl dancin, cos when we stopped the lil dance floor would pack out. Whenever we danced it was empty tho lol, cos We'd be goin off and need the whole space, and I think ppl felt a bit self consciuos bout dancin with us ha ha. $20 then would be like $100 now, and I was like fk yeh, was gonna be dancin anyhow so wtf lol, plus free food and cocktails and wine n shit.

Fkn cool as.

Anyways the band would always talk up the fact that they were cutting a record and it would be out soon. Then it was finally released and what the hell??????????

The single was "what about me?", everyone knows it lol. I was like wtf? this raging manic band finally released a single and that was it??? I couldnt believe it, the music was so fkn tame.

never saw em again, the sell outs!!

Renee the bar owner actually "owned" an early band called Models, cool as punk/pop band normally called The Models, but it was just Models actually. Used to be great live, they played at The Alley Cat too.

James Freud, the lead singer and base, was the fkn shizz for me at the time, cool as.

Some guys would know one of their cool early songs "outta mind outta sight", cool song, check it out!!!!!! Was a good film clip if its available to be found. Cool

They had back up singers that became well known in their own right, Kate Ceberano and this other chick who later were the band "I'm talking" and Wendy Mathews ffs lol.

Cool as bar anyhow, good times Cool
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: fodders (music) stories   fodders (music) stories Empty2010-01-16, 19:20

fodder wrote:
I went to a Black Sabbath gig, way back when Ossie actually knew which day it was, and they were real big back then.
holy shit man you woulda been like 6 or something its that long ago! Razz haha

man some great stories there fodder, always a great read!

i might post up something about Tech N9ne's concert i went to, few things happened there but i think i already wrote up and told you guys about it when i posted the videos.
i was so fucken stoked to see him live!

i think back in the day when i was about 15 or 16 or something every year we used to go down to this place called 'Venus Bay' wicked little beach town place. some people might know of it.

anyway, just before Venus Bay there is a town called 'Tarwin Lower', pretty much surrounded by farms and next to nothing, about a 20min drive to the nearest 'town'. but yeah they have an awesome pub there. real old school aussie pub style with a big deck that overlooks the tarwin lower river.
so we hit it up one night, we go down with family and friends so there was about 22 of us or something and Killing Heidi are playing that night! fucken tripped us out man coz you would never have guessed that this pub would get a band like them. this was when they were in their prime (if they ever were Razz) but yeah had to full convince the bouncers to keep some of us in coz it was an 18+ event. we ended up at the very front and the crowd actually went off pretty big. was full getting pushed into the speakers at the front while trying to dance and getting jammed up against this hot bird. shit at that time i didnt really know what to do with myself in this situation. kinda hard when ya got your parents and friends parents watching over ya....

but yeah got to meet them after the gig and had a bit of a chat and was good to see them, was more of a smaller gig but was a bit more personal.

had some great times at this pub Smile
few more stories from there as well...

keep writing up ya stories fodder, i love hearing about em Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fodders (music) stories   fodders (music) stories Empty

Back to top Go down

fodders (music) stories
Page 1 of 1