Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scrim notes.

Go down 
+6
pyro
Monster
Amz
I Get Killed
Thy Devourer
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

Scrim notes. Empty
PostSubject: Scrim notes.   Scrim notes. Empty2010-01-31, 16:46

Its come apparent to everyone that we are losing quite a few scrims due to foolish mistakes...

To all newcomers to scrimming you are most welcome but you have to note a few scrim tips.

Scrims are a TEAM EFFORT, we are not on the doa server and its free for all.

You must do whats best for the team.

Now ive made this mistake before and so has everyone. Hence why i'm writing this...

1. You must follow directions from regular scrimmers... the reason i say this is because we often lose scrims to some "adventuring". To break a team plan or formation is too hand over the scrim to the other team. If i, or another regular scrimmer, says camp back wall or go up onto the left on shotty then you have to comply. if you go off by yourself YOU WILL GET CAUGHT OUT. ive seen it happen time and time again when ive told players to come back to the back wall and yet they dont do and then curse and curse in steam when they lose it.

Please dont let this discourage you or make you feel like your not wanted if this does sound like its happened to you. Its happened to me, its how we learn.

Please, all newcomers... follow directions, use mic and ffs keep to the game plan boys and girls.

Strength in numbers...
Back to top Go down

Scrim notes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim notes.   Scrim notes. Empty2010-01-31, 18:33

I will say one thing and one thing only... In the end, it is a game not ultimate fighting championship to the death... and hence designed to be fun, wether you win or lose, its still just a game. If peeps are getting all bent out of shape for loosing or having other ppl raging at them for making simple mistakes and costing the game then the whole ethos of DOA has been lost, we arent CEVO, we are a bunch of guys that wana play cool css, most of the teams we scrim are also cool guys and both friends and regs in DOA server. Sure, scrimming is in a different class of competition and can get intense at times but in the end its "GG guys" not "you f!@# tard, we told you not to do that"... Once again, i will resort back to on of my favourite statements, we where all once a bunch of nubs, who made the same mistakes... The best thing we can do as a TEAM is support and encourage REGARDLESS of the outcome of any of these events. So what if some arent all that great at scrims. Bein apart of DOA isnt about how good we are but our attitude and our character, you said up there

Thy Devourer wrote:

Scrims are a TEAM EFFORT, we are not on the doa server and its free for all.

You must do whats best for the team.

Im sorry man, but we represent DOA when ever we scrim or even have our tag on in game, and the statement "you must do whats best for the team" i know that if i read this and didnt have a high confidence in my ability as a player, i would be thinking that the best thing for the team is probably not to play... FUCK that, i dont care how good or how bad you are at gg, until Fodder or Geoff or whoever lays down the letter of the law and puts the pressure on that only the best will scrim, every DOA player should have every right to be kickin it in the scrims... After all, its just a game!!!

Anyways, i think ive clearly said more than "1 thing" and i apologise if i seem to have gone over board but im very passionate about this as i know both Fodder and Geoff and everyone is, where about teh cool, not how good... Peace, im fkn tired, im out...
Back to top Go down
I Get Killed

Scrim notes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim notes.   Scrim notes. Empty2010-01-31, 18:59

Is it okay to suicide in a scrim? Say a knifer is running at you and you have kill binded? Is that unethical but legal or unethical and illegal?

Unethical but legal is still legal therefore good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=profi
Amz

Scrim notes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim notes.   Scrim notes. Empty2010-01-31, 19:04

yes, as far as i know it is legal to suicide in a scrim. however if your in knife pen or some shit usually u cant suicide. But it is highly frowned upon to suicide.. but in the end do wat u gotta do Wink
Back to top Go down
Amz

Scrim notes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim notes.   Scrim notes. Empty2010-01-31, 19:30

Yeah, thats true it still is a game, and people make mistakes, thats kool, but winning is definitely more fun than losing. We're always encouraging people to scrim, and we understand that people are new to it and have to get a grasp of it, because yes it is a lot different to normal gun game.
Fair enough, we are going to lose some games, and fair enough people make mistakes. I've been in a lot of the scrims of late and i haven't seen anybody getting raged at.

But you have to look at it from other peoples points of view. Some of us are on every night scrimming trying to get better, trying to win, trying to think if different strategies to give us the advantage. And sometimes it gets frustrating when you lose because somebody doesn't listen to you in the slightest and you lose, especially when you've lost the last 5 times for the same reason.
Scrim pracs are organized pretty much every week, people say they'll come but we end up pm'ing half the server because nobody showed up Sad

So i think thy's not saying don't come scrim if you dont have a hard-on for it.. everyone knows they're invited to scrim. but think about how to win as a team.. because victory is so much sweeter when you can share it with others..
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

Scrim notes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim notes.   Scrim notes. Empty2010-02-01, 03:37

I agree with amz here.

YES - everyone is welcome to scrim whether you are good or not

NO - we don't have to win

BUT - winning does feel better

I think the jist of what Thy is saying is that we nned to work as a team if we want to scrim, e.g. if you can get another person an advantage by baiting and dieing then give it a shot. If there is a plan called over voice then work with it. No not every plan will work but I think what he is saying is that the style of play is VERY different to the standard DOA servers. Hell it took me ages to get used to not holding W down the entire scrim (prob why I still can't bhop).

I don't think Thy was trying to say only the best should scrim I think he was trying to say think differently (like a team - not individuals).
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

Scrim notes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim notes.   Scrim notes. Empty2010-02-01, 05:46

Thank you amz. Maybe i didn't explain myself properly. your looking too much into this, espesh 47. These are merely tips for newcomers... everyone likes to win, these are easily corrected mistakes that even i have done. I did them, i learnt what NOT to do and its easily overcome. I'm not saying that newcomers are not welcome, on the contrary, they are most welcome. I'm saying that these tips will help everyone get on the same level when we are scrimming and make it a more cohesive effort... I did scrims back in the old days of doa, there was not talking, not plans, basically it was five doa guys vsing another clan and it was free for all.

GAY! lets make it a team effort, stick to game plans everything will be fine. Very Happy

i didn't even expect replies tbh i just wanted a few guys who are new to scrimming to read this and take it in, thats it.
Back to top Go down
pyro

Scrim notes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim notes.   Scrim notes. Empty2010-02-01, 09:00

Slaying yourself is frowned upon by most gg clans.
Its like the easy way out.

However, what you choose to do is up to you...
Back to top Go down
http://www.synexservers.com.au
McLaggin

Scrim notes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim notes.   Scrim notes. Empty2010-02-01, 10:20

I Get Killed wrote:
Is it okay to suicide in a scrim? Say a knifer is running at you and you have kill binded? Is that unethical but legal or unethical and illegal?

Unethical but legal is still legal therefore good.

I advise against it, a lot of clans will count it as a forfeit, and it will give doa a very bad name.
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

Scrim notes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim notes.   Scrim notes. Empty2010-02-01, 10:31

Mmmm it would indeed laggin. We had "muse" do it to us when we were winning, how fucken lame.
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

Scrim notes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim notes.   Scrim notes. Empty2010-02-01, 16:32

there ya go, don't do unto others what you can't get away with yourself Wink
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
pyro

Scrim notes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim notes.   Scrim notes. Empty2010-02-02, 08:46

Lol quoth where did that quote come from lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.synexservers.com.au
Quoth...

Quoth...

Scrim notes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim notes.   Scrim notes. Empty2010-02-02, 11:52

it just makes sense Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
MedicDroid

MedicDroid

Scrim notes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim notes.   Scrim notes. Empty2010-02-02, 13:50

47 even though we are a clan based on personality and not skill, some of us like to take scrims seriously and I am one of them. I did rage at you once for rushing out when they were on knife and I apologize for that but never the less I know a lot of us take it seriously and if it means listening to one person in a scrim for the good of the team then so be it.

BTW people my steam was hacked so wont be playing until I stop being lazy and get a new account and css.
Back to top Go down
***mystic***

***mystic***

Scrim notes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim notes.   Scrim notes. Empty2010-02-02, 17:19

MedicDroid wrote:

BTW people my steam was hacked so wont be playing until I stop being lazy and get a new account and css.

Why dont you contact steam and get your account back like we all did when laggin had his account hacked a stolen then they pm'd all of us and stole our accounts

PS: sorry if this is a de-railment of the thread,dont respond here medic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/Blue_da_Magpie/
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

Scrim notes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim notes.   Scrim notes. Empty2010-02-03, 05:03

LOL medic, miss youu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scrim notes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim notes.   Scrim notes. Empty

Back to top Go down