Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Excel Wizard Needed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deceiver

Deceiver

Excel Wizard Needed Empty
PostSubject: Excel Wizard Needed   Excel Wizard Needed Empty2008-09-11, 12:46

Hi, i am using excel 2007

I need help with the headers and footers.

Basically its an excel file with a bunch of sheets.

on the first sheet you put your name in a cell.

what i want to happen is for that name in that cell to automatically appear in the header and footer of each of the other sheets in the whole workbook.

any ideas?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Excel Wizard Needed   Excel Wizard Needed Empty2008-09-11, 13:18

I havent used 07 enough to know, iam sure you can do it.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Excel Wizard Needed   Excel Wizard Needed Empty2008-09-14, 09:44

If a worksheet produces more than one printed page, you may want to repeat specific rows or columns as titles or labels at the top or at the left of every printed page. For example, you can repeat rows 1 and 2 on every printed page if these rows contain labels that help you understand the data in your worksheet.

Select the worksheet that you want to print.
How to select worksheets

To select Do this
A single sheet Click the sheet tab.

If you don't see the tab that you want, click the tab scrolling buttons to display the tab, and then click the tab.

Two or more adjacent sheets Click the tab for the first sheet. Then hold down SHIFT while you click the tab for the last sheet that you want to select.
Two or more nonadjacent sheets Click the tab for the first sheet. Then hold down CTRL while you click the tabs of the other sheets that you want to select.
All sheets in a workbook Right-click a sheet tab, and then click Select All Sheets on the shortcut menu (shortcut menu: A menu that shows a list of commands relevant to a particular item. To display a shortcut menu, right-click an item or press SHIFT+F10.).

Tip When multiple worksheets are selected, [Group] appears in the title bar at the top of the worksheet. To cancel a selection of multiple worksheets in a workbook, click any unselected worksheet. If no unselected sheet is visible, right-click the tab of a selected sheet, and then click Ungroup Sheets on the shortcut menu.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click Print Titles.

On the Sheet tab, under Print titles, do one or both of the following:
In the Rows to repeat at top box, type the reference of the rows that contain the column labels.

In the Columns to repeat at left box, type the reference of the columns that contain the row labels.

Tip You can also click the Collapse Dialog button at the right end of the Rows to repeat at top and Columns to repeat at left boxes, and then select the title rows or columns that you want to repeat in the worksheet. After you finish selecting the title rows or columns, click the Collapse Dialog button again to return to the dialog box.

Microsoft Help: sometimes it helps (but not very often)

As for the single cell will have a look at it closer (only just installed 07)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excel Wizard Needed   Excel Wizard Needed Empty

Back to top Go down

Excel Wizard Needed
Page 1 of 1