Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Map I'm making (Sonic Style)

Go down 
+5
openfj0re
Harlequiine
Edgers
The7thLegion
ADMIN
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ADMIN

Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Empty
PostSubject: Map I'm making (Sonic Style)   Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Empty2008-05-24, 00:00

Well this is the map I'm working on at the moment,

Everything looks out of place and the reason is it's like 15% done,
The rings spin and the logo in the background moves around the map,
The little red thing in front of shadow is a booster that sends you up the ramp, you only go about 2 meters high of the blocks.

Nothing is in place atm, the rings wont stay in those spots thats for sure.
There is no lighting, outside wall, Center part, and some other stuff I plan on adding.

Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Sonictest0000
Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Sonictest0001
Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Sonictest0002
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

PostSubject: Re: Map I'm making (Sonic Style)   Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Empty2008-05-24, 09:00

OMFG, It looks awesome!

Cant wait mate.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Map I'm making (Sonic Style)   Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Empty2008-06-11, 16:44

looks pretty fun!
Back to top Go down
Harlequiine

PostSubject: Re: Map I'm making (Sonic Style)   Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Empty2008-06-21, 09:16

Nice one, I'd love to know how you made the logo fly around the map. And where you got the textures from, did you make them?
Back to top Go down
openfj0re

PostSubject: Re: Map I'm making (Sonic Style)   Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Empty2008-06-21, 13:49

yay finally a sonic map, im sick of all the crappy mario ones. good stuff
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Map I'm making (Sonic Style)   Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Empty2008-06-22, 06:25

Harlequiine wrote:
Nice one, I'd love to know how you made the logo fly around the map. And where you got the textures from, did you make them?
I made some of them but most where done by dukeblooders though he has told me he just extracted them from the Sonic games along with the sounds, some of the sprites where done by my brother.

The logo is in the skybox as a func_door_rotating with inputs from a logic_timer, I can send you the logo stuff in a vmf if you want Wink

Here are some new screens, I haven't worked on it in ages but now the main playing area is done, a few textures and stuff need to be changed and I have to do the skybox, the darker textures are breakable with sounds :O
Hopefully I will finish it today and it should be on the server tonight.

Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Sonictest0005
Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Sonictest0006
Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Sonictest0007
Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Sonictest0014
Back to top Go down
Harlequiine

PostSubject: Re: Map I'm making (Sonic Style)   Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Empty2008-06-22, 09:00

Clever man! Haha. It's looking good.
I never try to experiment with skyboxes and such, I probably should though. Textures too.
I figured out how to get a custom texture in my map on my computer ages ago, but when I played it on the server it was just the purple and black squares :<
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Map I'm making (Sonic Style)   Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Empty2008-06-22, 12:04

I use a program called pakrat ( http://www.geocities.com/cofrdrbob/pakrat.html ), it packs all extra files in to the map, (models, sounds, texture) the map should be 2.4 meg but now that it is packed it's about 13 meg :S but at least you wont have to download a crap load of extra files.
I have finished the map and it's uploading as I type, I'm very proud but it could be a failure. xD
fodder and Geoff seem to like it, Geoff was the tester dude.
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: Map I'm making (Sonic Style)   Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Empty2008-06-22, 18:57

And map format consultant I might add,I stopped a lot of guys getting killed by a long fall to a hard ground type object.

But seriously I reckon its a good looking map, easy to see everyone and there is some good fun times to be had once players get used to it : )
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Map I'm making (Sonic Style)   Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Empty2008-06-22, 19:04

Yeah, if it wasn't for Geoff there would have been no player clip stopping people going to high and killing them selves, in fact the map would be much different if it wasn't for Geoff's skills of suicide.
Back to top Go down
openfj0re

PostSubject: Re: Map I'm making (Sonic Style)   Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Empty2008-06-23, 05:18

i played this map the other day, and its actually really good once you get used to it. The learning curve is pretty steep, so for most of the first time you play it you'll get owned, but after that its good fun. There's plenty of ways to get out of spawn, there's a bit at the top thats good for sniping, but at the same time you're way out in the open and exposed, there's several passages that are blocked off, but with about a full clip you can get through.

good work and keep it up.
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: mutant hedgehog   Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Empty2008-06-23, 05:43

Ha ha ha ha ha ha .What a fun map!!!!!! Great concept, really original and some competition for mario at last lol. Really cool as I know a lot of dudes will relate to sonic immediately and think its cool. Love the fact that its so bright too!!! The catoonish textures work really well without looking cheap and crappy like spongebob did. Fkn awesome mutant, but I just know I'll get owned and it'll take me 4ever to get the hang of it lol. Waddya mean whats new!! STFU lol

AWESOME mate
Back to top Go down
Keza

Keza

PostSubject: Re: Map I'm making (Sonic Style)   Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Empty2008-06-23, 08:45

Is it just me, or does sonic look NOTHING like a hedgehog? Razz
Back to top Go down
Harlequiine

PostSubject: Re: Map I'm making (Sonic Style)   Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Empty2008-06-23, 14:49

I want to play it D: Haha.

And I know Keza, he's not choclately at all. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Map I'm making (Sonic Style)   Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Empty2008-06-27, 13:40

Harlequiine wrote:
I want to play it D: Haha.

And I know Keza, he's not choclately at all. Rolling Eyes
I'm at Geoff's house atm, if you're on the server at the same time as me I'll set it to the new map Smile
Back to top Go down
.::mouse::.

.::mouse::.

PostSubject: Re: Map I'm making (Sonic Style)   Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Empty2008-06-28, 12:55

This is without doubt the funnest map I've played on.....EVER!!!! The star things that make u rebound r fkn awesome and fun Very Happy

Nice work on the map and looking forward for other maps from u in the future Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Map I'm making (Sonic Style)   Map I'm making (Sonic Style) Empty

Back to top Go down

Map I'm making (Sonic Style)
Page 1 of 1