Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Style Of Play

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

The Style Of Play Empty
PostSubject: The Style Of Play   The Style Of Play Empty2010-01-20, 17:08

Hey Guys,

Firstly I'd like to say, well done to all the guys that have been scriming for DOA. We've got a great bunch of players who are starting to jell as a team and are becoming really competitive around the traps even with having to cope with different weapon orders ,gravity and air accel.

This brings me to my main point.
To my way of thinking, this low gravity, high air accel ( bhop ) has steamed from css surfing. Most of the players that solely go to surf servers, are the low to middle teens age. I know they are not all that age and older guys do surf but mainly they are. With these guys getting older and then bored with surfing they end up going back to css or gungame. These are the guys in my opinion that are pushing these server settings.
Why ? because with their surfing skills (bhop is an extention of surfing) they have a huge advantage over those who haven't surfed. Why do you think they bitch so hard about our default settings and want to leave ? Because they would most likely get pawned as they can't duck and weave everywhere.

With the frenetic style of play that DOA promotes and plays, we have some of the hottest gungame players around. If you can't make a kill in the heat of battle, sometimes against multiple enemies, you wont worry the scoreboard much. That's why randoms that join the server for the first time get totally massacred with scores like 4/20 and when our guys go to other servers they pawn.

It seems to me that we are doing all of our scriming on these bhop servers, which is only promoting that style of play. It is inevitable that we will have to scrim on these servers but it would be good to at least search out clans that would play with the default settings. Or challenge clans lie NBK etc to a home scrim. After all we go to their server and play their settings knowing they have the advantage.

If we don't promote and build our style of play and settings , in the future most scrim and gungame servers will end up being bhop servers. We may as well go play Unreal Tournament with quad jump and low grav. We play the game in its purest form, the way that it was meant to be played.

As far as I know the scrim server is right to go, ironed out the last bug of deadtalk tonight. Thanks Devilish for bringing it to my attention. If anything else needs fixing get on to me. Other than that get out there and push our scrim server as a venue for our scrims. We don't expect every scrim to be on our server but it would good to see it being used as a home ground and hosting a few.

Other than that, it's great to see you guys getting into it and having a good time.

cheers

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
Amz

The Style Of Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Style Of Play   The Style Of Play Empty2010-01-20, 18:04

WOOT WOOT nice geoff!! thanks for all ur hard work and shit getting it together!! if u say its good to go we're gonnna definitely take advantage of it!
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

The Style Of Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Style Of Play   The Style Of Play Empty2010-01-20, 18:50

Nice Geoff, thanks for that.

And although i do agree with all this bhopping makes the game more challenging in a way. more tactics come from it and such. Its also easier to get a knife and easier to get knife Razz

We'll hopefully be doing more home scrims from now on anyways. i think i shall keep the bhopping to myself. Razz
Back to top Go down
BrokenBos

BrokenBos

The Style Of Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Style Of Play   The Style Of Play Empty2010-01-20, 18:54

agreed amz!

Great Work to Geoff, fodd, and whoever else had a hand in setting it all up.

I've been using it a bit to work on my scope skills... which are still lacking but coming better slowly.

I have noticed that when we do scrim against clans who don't bhop, we are very competitive and often win... or maybe it's just cos I'm playing and I'm awesome.
Against Bhopping clans we're becoming much better at dealing with it and negating their advantage much more effectively.

overall Good job guys!
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

The Style Of Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Style Of Play   The Style Of Play Empty2010-01-21, 04:57

Mmmmm true that broken about a month of two ago we would just be in a state of panic when we saw one bhopper. You just learn to dodge them and whats their weaknesses...
Back to top Go down
BrokenBos

BrokenBos

The Style Of Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Style Of Play   The Style Of Play Empty2010-01-21, 09:02

Clown stabs them lots. Razz
Back to top Go down
Amz

The Style Of Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Style Of Play   The Style Of Play Empty2010-01-21, 10:22

haha yeah.. clowns tactics against bunnyhoppers works pretty well i must admit
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

The Style Of Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Style Of Play   The Style Of Play Empty2010-01-21, 14:54

Nice will have to get on tonight and try for a scrim on our server. I'm keen
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

The Style Of Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Style Of Play   The Style Of Play Empty2010-01-21, 17:48

cool guys go for it and please get onto me as quickly as you can if everything isn't exactly right : )

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
Sponsored content

The Style Of Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Style Of Play   The Style Of Play Empty

Back to top Go down

The Style Of Play
Page 1 of 1