Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Marking work is overrated! :(

Go down 
+2
Woffle'
Tha Snowmann
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Marking work is overrated! :( Empty
PostSubject: Marking work is overrated! :(   Marking work is overrated! :( Empty2009-06-16, 06:24

Well im really getting over marking stuff Sad almost done though. This is just what i have marked over the week and a bit, still gotta mark 2 sets of tutes though to add to this pile. This is all just out the front of my office.
Still gotta mark 14 major project folio's for the final year students which take forever to do and then gotta mark 7 major products as well for the final year students.
Thought id just share this with you guys as im getting pretty bored in my office, hard to get motivated to do shit. least i can listen to music though Smile

Marking work is overrated! :( This_o13
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Marking work is overrated! :(   Marking work is overrated! :( Empty2009-06-16, 07:16

can you install ventrillo and get a mic? Smile I get bored too during the day but at least i can look at redtube or something like that.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Marking work is overrated! :(   Marking work is overrated! :( Empty2009-06-16, 07:33

Quit your bitching i'd rather be marking than doing

I just had 4 exams in 8 days. Finished now, got pretty hectic last night. some wierd reason my mouth tastes like tequila and I hurt everywhere
Back to top Go down
Austerror

PostSubject: Re: Marking work is overrated! :(   Marking work is overrated! :( Empty2009-06-16, 07:41

hahah ive got my exams starting next week... although ive got 4 in like 14 days so nicely spread out can worry bout one, do it, move onto the next one... fuckin uni... lol
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Marking work is overrated! :(   Marking work is overrated! :( Empty2009-06-16, 07:56

haha edgers, thats just unlucky for you. get into another fight did ya? Razz
my cousin has 10 exams in a week though, now thats fucked up. its all split into pracs and theory shit.

yeah i got admin rights on my comp so can do pretty much whatever (within reason Razz) but looking at redtube is not one of them. i could get a mic in here if i wanted to, wouldnt be that hard to.

its just annoying marking the same thing over and over. so like 60 of the same tute gets very boring. folios are alright though, least its mixed up Smile
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Marking work is overrated! :(   Marking work is overrated! :( Empty2009-06-16, 08:44

meh, if i want to look at redtube, who is going to stop me (im the director hehe)

yeah, try looking at financial reports for the last 7 years and doing analysis on them Smile

least if you had a mic we could make random funny noises so your co-workes wwonder what the fuck your doing Wink
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Marking work is overrated! :(   Marking work is overrated! :( Empty2009-06-16, 08:48

Woffle' wrote:
least if you had a mic we could make random funny noises so your co-workes wwonder what the fuck your doing Wink
haha the only problem is i have my own office Razz no one in here but me. its good so listening to music i dont have to have earphone, just play em through the speakers i got in the office Smile
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Marking work is overrated! :(   Marking work is overrated! :( Empty2009-06-16, 10:59

i had 9 exams in 6 days. 3 yesterday. i got 27% in japanese and somehow passed. Gotta luv standadisation.
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Marking work is overrated! :(   Marking work is overrated! :( Empty2009-06-16, 11:25

highschool exams count for shit all though especially when youre still in grade 7
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Marking work is overrated! :(   Marking work is overrated! :( Empty2009-06-16, 11:33

yr. 10 but true it dont mean shit.
Back to top Go down
grievous

grievous

PostSubject: Re: Marking work is overrated! :(   Marking work is overrated! :( Empty2009-06-17, 07:55

Whoa, some people are high up eh? What field are you in Snowy? Do you lecture aswell?That's pretty awesome woffle, director ey, pretty awesome. I wish I had my own office Sad I'm situated with my back to a walkway, so everyone walks passed can see my pc. Maybe soon, finishing my degree at the end of this year will see some glass ceilings disappear.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Marking work is overrated! :(   Marking work is overrated! :( Empty2009-06-17, 08:31

cartography and geographical visualization at RMIT in the city

atm im not doing lectures, just doing all that other shit that comes with it, so taking tutorials like classes, running practical sessions, running studio sessions and printing of heaps of shit. there are a few other things that i gotta do as well. but yeah after i finish marking this crap i gotta rewrite some pracs, create some new pracs and rework around a couple of subjects and change them so they are more 'up to date'

yeah that sucks about being at a walkway, that means you always gotta be doing work Razz haha
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Marking work is overrated! :(   Marking work is overrated! :( Empty2009-06-17, 09:35

snowy do you do much in the way of overlay with mssql database to asp.net platforms? along the lines of mssql 2008 geo shit.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Marking work is overrated! :(   Marking work is overrated! :( Empty2009-06-17, 09:49

Woffle' wrote:
snowy do you do much in the way of overlay with mssql database to asp.net platforms? along the lines of mssql 2008 geo shit.
half of that i dont know what your going on about....Razz.... but regarding mssql databases no we dont do any work in relation to that. however it would be interesting to try and map out the interaction between the various servers. People are always going on about some new research stuff there doing around here.

never done anything personally regarding mssql
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Marking work is overrated! :(   Marking work is overrated! :( Empty2009-06-17, 10:05

would be interested in the mapping of servers if ya have any more info Smile Would be a bit of help with relation to the showing of geotargeting IP addresses on a heat map frequency basis Razz
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Marking work is overrated! :(   Marking work is overrated! :( Empty2009-06-17, 10:19

im sure that something could be made up which represents the servers by its actual geographic location and then if you wanted to you could send out something only to the related servers that are contained within a certain geographical area. and then maybe show the path that the data takes when 'traveling' to the server? Smile
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Marking work is overrated! :(   Marking work is overrated! :( Empty2009-06-17, 10:36

would be nice but tracert cant be done effectively from the server unfortunately, have tried to use that for geotarget (last point before termination would be the isp and then latency from isp to target to determine connection speed.) we just use a database of a million odd ips and reference to that list at the moment (tracert can take anywhere from 1 second to 2 minutes to complete and need to make sure that the adverts are served in under 170 ms Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marking work is overrated! :(   Marking work is overrated! :( Empty

Back to top Go down

Marking work is overrated! :(
Page 1 of 1