Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Left 4 Dead 2

Go down 
+13
Toki
Crimson
fodder
Smurf
openfj0re
Edgers
Tha Snowmann
Woffle'
grievous
Fletch
ADMIN
Dark Angel
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ryan

Left 4 Dead 2 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 - Page 3 Empty2009-12-09, 14:13

i heard that the guy who banned l4d2 is getting the sack if that happens the gore comes back
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
grievous

grievous

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 - Page 3 Empty2009-12-09, 14:42

how does knowing something = having no life --confused--
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 - Page 3 Empty2009-12-09, 15:49

ryan wrote:
i heard that the guy who banned l4d2 is getting the sack if that happens the gore comes back
Very Happy

It isn't really that straight forward. South Australian Attorney-General Michael Atkinson is the main person responsible for blocking the R18+ rating, but even if he wasn't on the Committee of Attorney's-General then it'd still be unlikely an R18+ rating would get passed any time soon. There's some real tightasses on the committee, Michael Atkinson is just the most publicised blocker of the rating. I believe it takes a unanimous decision for it to be passed
Back to top Go down
teknoss

teknoss

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 - Page 3 Empty2009-12-09, 17:38

and a petition doesnt count for shit?
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 - Page 3 Empty2009-12-09, 19:16

No, a petition doesn't count for shit. That petition wasn't even directing the issue. It was to get L4D2 uncensored in Aus, aimed at the OFLC. As I said in a previous post if you had bothered to read it the OFLC is not the problem - they're just doing their job, i'm sure some of their members would love to have an R18+ game classification just as much as us, but they don't, so they are forced to ban certain games. The OFLC is stuck between a rock and a hard place and there's nothing they can do about it.

If you think an online petition is going to do anything do change a politiion such as Michael Atkinsons mind then you need a reality check, it's just not going to work. If you want to really do something, write to your local counsel members and tell your friends to do the same, stating reasons and valid arguments as to why an R18+ classification is needed. Sitting at your computer signing an online petition that doesn't address the issue and thinking you're making a difference is pretty stupid. It's like joining facebook groups or twittering about things and thinking stuff's going to change because of your actions.

Although I appreciate the input and you jumping at a chance to disagree with me though, Tek, maybe put some thought in next time Wink
Back to top Go down
teknoss

teknoss

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 - Page 3 Empty2009-12-09, 20:11

get off your high horse you tool, i wasnt disagreeing with you at all, i was just saying.
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 - Page 3 Empty2009-12-09, 20:14

Edgers wrote:
ryan wrote:
Very Happy

It isn't really that straight forward. South Australian Attorney-General Michael Atkinson is the main person responsible for blocking the R18+ rating, but even if he wasn't on the Committee of Attorney's-General then it'd still be unlikely an R18+ rating would get passed any time soon. There's some real tightasses on the committee, Michael Atkinson is just the most publicised blocker of the rating. I believe it takes a unanimous decision for it to be passed

From the interview I heard with him, not sure if it's 100%, but only a minority of the Attorney generals need to disagree for it not to be passed. Don't hold me to that though.
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 - Page 3 Empty2009-12-09, 20:24

teknoss wrote:
get off your high horse you tool, i wasnt disagreeing with you at all, i was just saying.

What do you mean get off my high horse? I'm simply explaining the facts. I said a petition wouldn't count for shit and gave my reasons for saying that, then you posted 'and a petition doesn't count for shit?' If that's not disagreeing then what is it? Maybe read and/or think before you post instead of just posting stupid shit. 'Tool'.

Quote :

From the interview I heard with him, not sure if it's 100%, but only a minority of the Attorney generals need to disagree for it not to be passed. Don't hold me to that though.

Yeah it needs to be pretty much a unanimous decision for the R18+ rating to be passed. One asshole can just keep blocking it as long as they're on the committee. Michael Atkinson has stated he's not the only one on there that doesn't want the rating though, but they have showed up support in private, so if that's true then like I said, even getting him out of power won't ensure a new rating
Back to top Go down
teknoss

teknoss

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 - Page 3 Empty2009-12-09, 20:26

knock off the attitude and get over your grudge..seriously.
and dont flame it.
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 - Page 3 Empty2009-12-09, 20:37

You're the one that started throwing insults around Teknoss, along with a couple other snide comments towards me recently, and i'm the one with the grudge. Now you're going offtopic, so if you don't have anything further to add to the thread then don't. PM me if you have any other problems or if you are still failing to understand the process of getting an R18 game rating, I can go through it on a slower level for you.
Back to top Go down
Electron

Electron

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 - Page 3 Empty2009-12-09, 21:15

*sings* Where is the love.... woowooo... where is the love!!!
Back to top Go down
teknoss

teknoss

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 - Page 3 Empty2009-12-10, 08:42

im gonna be the mature one and walk away from this
i dont have to put up with your shit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 - Page 3 Empty2009-12-21, 04:22

Dear All,

Please find attached files in regards to allowing a R18+ Classification in Australia. Just to settle a few people going yeah pyro is bullshit. Here are the facts and details.

R18+ Rating Cover Letter
R18+_Rating_Cover_Letter.pdf

R18+ Rating Discussion Paper Cover Letter
R18+_Rating_Discusstion_Paper_Cover_Letter.pdf

R18+ Rating Discussion Paper
R18+_Rating_Discussion_Paper.pdf

R18+ Rating Submission Form
R18+_Rating_Submission_Form.pdf

You need to fill out the R18+Submission Form and submit it to the following address by 28th February 2010

Email: classificationreview@ag.giv.au
Fax: 02 6141 3488
Attorney-General Department
3-5 National Circuit
BARTON ACT 2600
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 - Page 3 Empty2009-12-21, 06:56

Pyro, there's already a topic regarding that Wink
Back to top Go down