Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.

Go down 
+25
Thy Devourer
Woffle'
Electron
Leeroy Jenkins
smilinsniper
Crossfade
teknoss
Tha Snowmann
Psychoskippy
I Get Killed
McLaggin
Viprus
MANX
Edgers
Smurf
openfj0re
Quoth...
fodder
dante
HurriKane
WAKE UP Geoff!!
Keza
ADMIN
The7thLegion
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-08-11, 17:35

most DOA members are admins... except me lol im a noob haha
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-08-11, 17:51

That is a good point and I'll get round to doing that certainly, thanks

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-08-12, 04:29

thanks for reminding me keza next time ill just shoot you in the head to c if ff is on lol!
Back to top Go down
openfj0re

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-08-12, 07:54

Quoth... wrote:
I came back from a ciggie break the other day and accidentally TK'ed Sad (go on - tell me to get some aim, lol)

I guess smoking kills!
hahahahahahahahahah
ahaha
ahah
ha
ha
oh god kill me now
Back to top Go down
Keza

Keza

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-08-12, 10:26

Have a smoke open, they'll kill ya but not now, give it some time
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-12-12, 20:52

Well the servers great but a few things i would prefer

Make me admin! (joking)

On a more serious note i would prefer having the handicap off. I dont mind a player joining halfway through adn winning, but i hate starting halfway through when i join.

The only other thing i can think of is knifepen.

There are fewer annoying things then running around for an hour to find someone.

Aside from those 2 things keep up the good work ^^
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-12-13, 07:22

Knifepen is sooo annoying though
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Knifepen FTL   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-12-13, 09:02

Your right Edge, Knifepen = GAY!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-12-13, 15:50

Smurf wrote:
On a more serious note i would prefer having the handicap off. I dont mind a player joining halfway through adn winning, but i hate starting halfway through when i join.
We did have the handicap off when we very first started the server, it's gay anyway you have it...

If it's on you'd be so close to winning the people would join the game and be using m4 and other big Gs.

If it's off people like Smurf come and ninja away your wins.

We have it off because when some people get DCed and rejoin they have to start all over again.

And Knifepen is gay imo =/
Back to top Go down
MANX

MANX

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-12-14, 05:32

So if it was called knifefoddercommandostyles you would want it?
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-12-14, 09:21

well why dont we just use it and edit all the cfg files to rename it to shankmod? lol
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-12-14, 09:51

Cuz it's still gay
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-12-17, 17:29

ok how about this
give the nade level people glocks
im sick of being left without a gun, throwing my ande and runing over every body and not picking up a weapon
and 99.9% of the time teammates wont share guns
assholes
Back to top Go down
Viprus

Viprus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-12-17, 20:37

nah the glock idea is lame, u only want it so u dont get owned so bad once u thrown a nade and then it buggers up ya rank.

pst i love knifepen
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-12-17, 23:02

Dunno bout knifepen but I am keen for some triple kill action. Love getting speed and jump boost. Its fun as!
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-12-18, 06:37

and the sparks fly!
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: knifepen and glock   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-12-19, 03:06

I like knifing Toki in the knifepen mod coz he's such easy meat, but otherwise I'm against knifepen for a few reasons.

Even tho you have a choice whether to knife or not, it can "pressure" you into it when you don't really want it and also sets ppl up to "fail", compounded by being called chicken if you refuse, and lame if you lose.

It also can become this big thing where every round the dead guys are sitting waiting for the bloody knife fight to happen. You can have the music off I guess, but the music also starts to dominate the game when its pumping every bloody time. The same song over and over gets boring after 2-3 knife fights.

I find the knifepen just becomes too big a thing that takes up too much of the gungame and dominates too much. I prefer our way of doin it, which was the same as Ausplayer, if you want to knife, then knife, tell each other your health and have a free stab or whatever. Other times an admin can set health to 100 and away you go.

It's only an occassional thing, which in reality goes to show the popularity of knifepen. If it was all that good of an idea ppl would be wanting to knife whenever there is only two players left, but they dont, they simply want to shoot the last guy and level up!

Also most the dudes who love knifepen are good knifers, confident of winning the fight eh, they're not thinking about losing a level are they?

I don't think we should have a weapon with nade cos it makes it too easy. In my opinion nade and knife should be difficult, as the whole progression of weapons is supposed to be getting harder and harder, with nade and knife at the pinnacle.

Even tho I weapon up a dude on nade, or wish ppl would weapon me on nade, I don't really agree with it. It's supposed to be difficult, and you should win it on your own merits or skills. HAI! Cool
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-12-20, 21:18

The way I look at all these addons is that they are frills and lace, look good but eventually the clothes must come off, and well if she's a transvestite, who cares what she looked like with all that makeup and that sexy dress.

There should be variety in the GunGame world, and there are already servers that have all those addons like SL3V3N. I enjoy playing on SL3V3N's server when I get time but in the end I like to come home and play our GunGame, with our gun order and nothing much else except quake sounds and an original song list. : ) The real core of a good server is, a good bunch of friendly guys having fun, good maps and good game play.

As for addons like knifep3n and triple up etc, I don't see that they add much to game play.
I would be more into addons like simultaneous death, where 2 players can kill each other by shooting at the same time.
GunGame doesn't allow this and chooses the player that shoots first to be the one to level up, even though the other player had just let loose a bullet that was going to take their head off a split second before they were killed. That shoot won’t register.

These sorts of addons enhance the game, they don't take it over.
But I'm an oldie and don't go much on change. : )

Maps are an intrinsic part of the enjoyment of playing on a server and with this in mind we are thinking of adding a map voting panel so players could vote up to 5 stars for a map. Players could only vote once for each map, but could change their vote if they wanted to. This would help us to get the map list to suit most of the players and therefore make the server better. I feel these are the improvements we need to be making now that we have a better server with better rego and higher tick rate.

Cheers Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
I Get Killed

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-12-20, 22:28

LMFAO at the

"...is that they are frills and lace, look good but eventually the clothes must come off, and well if she's a transvestite, who cares what she looked like with all that makeup and that sexy dress."

metaphor. Friggen awesome lol Razz

I don't really like knifepen, mainly because I'm not good at knifing and whenever I lose in a knife fight there's always that one dick that's going to be like "LOL NOOB" anddddd that just adds to my rage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=profi
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-12-21, 02:26

how bout map vote before each map rather than just random?
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-12-21, 07:26

I like that idea McLaggin but at the same time I hate it.

The reason I hate it is the !give server for example. towards the end of every map a vote comes up and the same few maps get voted in everytime. Play the server for an hour and you have played the same two or three maps at least twice... FFS people. Variety!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2008-12-21, 09:35

Yeah what 7th said is exactly why we don't have it,
Need some sort of rotation.

The only bad thing about it is the gay map the comes up every now and then, but that is why we have given RTV no time limits so the map can be changed almost instantly.
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2009-01-05, 06:32

Best suggestion ever.

More maps!

Im sure others would agree with me after last night of runnng the same maps in a circle
Back to top Go down
Psychoskippy

Psychoskippy

PostSubject: My Suggestions   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2009-02-07, 14:17

Ok Knifepen NO it is gay and agree with the pressure thing

Server Ranks ............... is there a way to increase the time before someone gets rank on sever it happens alot with our rank whores complaining that they lose to much points being shot by randoms namely me Smile

No we get players that call themselves regulars after a month try to apply and use the rank as an excuse i think no rank should be given until 250 maybe 300 kills see how many ppl stay then i am not sure what the default is before u r given a rank but would like to see people earn it not just get it after 2 rounds we all know the rank system is not the greatest but to make it a little harder to get one would be a footstep forward to keeping the rank whores away
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty2009-02-07, 14:51

Iam a rank whore. And i love joining servers and checking for rank then moving up the ladder real quick. I think that is why i kept playing NaD server. So you got NaD to thank for me. And i would hate to wait for 200kills for a rank...so i dont think others should either. Your just being elitest being that "i have a rank and you dont therefore you suck and its hard for you to get one and i rule beacuse i do have, did i mention i rule?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next