Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!

Go down 
+21
fodder
Quoth...
MANX
Crimson
Reaper
Psychoskippy
Edgers
failsticks
openfj0re
xBloodSEA
Smurf
sic_as
teknoss
McLaggin
The7thLegion
Woffle'
ADMIN
Pu|sE
Jmoo86
MedicDroid
Tha Snowmann
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-03-13, 01:57

Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 1823_l10

Best beer in the world
Back to top Go down
MANX

MANX

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-03-13, 02:48

Holy crp we used to drink that back at high school 2 or 3 years back, its like $3.50 a can we just liked it cos it had a pirate on the front.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-03-13, 03:26

haha thats madd as!, never seen that beer before. where is it from?
im a big fan of the french beer, Kronenberg 1664.
but give me a VB anyday! love it and its my everyday beer, but then again i have grown up with VB Smile

depending on where the lan is going to be held, i could pick some people up from the airport as well, im looking at you 7th! Very Happy i know a nice dark alley where i can take you mate Wink but yeah i should be able to do 1 trip if it needs be. like open said, try and get your flights around the same arrival time so its easier for us Smile
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-03-13, 05:56

http://www.beerstore.co.nz

Just search for pirate. Basically has a really unusal taste that tastes like beer pirates drink, gets you drunk like pirates after a couple of cans and start running round like pirates saying things like "shivvy my timbers" and "Ahoy wench!!".

All in all a good drop.

And as MANX so astutely put it, THERS A PIRATE ON THE CAN!!!!!!!

come to nz and you can buy it at the supermarkets Smile
Back to top Go down
Crimson

Crimson

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-03-13, 06:46

pics arnt loading... Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerupdesign.org
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-03-13, 07:14

yeah, like i said mutant must have changed the locations for them on the ftp server, as that was where they were uploaded to. the link to the location dosnt even work either which would indicate that they have been moved somewhere or something has happened with the ftp server. dont really know what the specifics would be.

so i will try and get onto mutant about this as i know a lot of you havnt seen the pics, even though they were up for a fair bit Smile
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-03-13, 16:32

theres no ninja beer D:
Back to top Go down
MANX

MANX

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-03-14, 11:58

Its called sak'e...... stupid laggin.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-03-14, 14:55

Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Sumern10
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-03-14, 15:39

FUCKING MAD I WANT IT NOW.
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-03-14, 15:43

omg, DOA beer for the next lan lol
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
Reaper

Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-03-14, 18:11

ive got homebrew gear. im on it.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-03-15, 02:12

http://start.beerlabelbuilder.com/DIY-Text-Beer-Labels/Ginger-Ninja-Beer-Label.htm
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-03-15, 06:43

holy shit, that is fucken wicked!
yeah bring out a batch of NaD and DOA beer! Razz
Back to top Go down
openfj0re

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-03-15, 06:45

nad beer would be better. no doubt
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-03-15, 06:54

oh hell yeah! of course it would
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-03-15, 10:00

better for feeding to those who call the suicide hotline, it would be poison.....
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Melb lannning   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-04-05, 08:44

Only just been readin this stuff bout the LAN.

Big totally enclosed tent would be good skip, but a few downsides I reckon. Running power, cold and or wet weather, noise factor depending on location.

I'd vote a hall or premises for those reasons. With a bit of hunting around you melbourneites should be able to come up with choices. Community halls are a good place to start, they're always run on a shoestring, not used lots, are normally pretty cheap, and are keen to pick some extra cash. They can be suburban or out of town. They often have their own trestle tables for hire cos of markets and shit, but rarely chairs. Downside maybe getting bath n shower facilities, so sports hall then??

Personally I would pick one thats out of town but handy to shops or whatever. In a country atmosphere you can run a bit amuck, make more noise etc. This Lan could be big so what are the possibilities of 50-100 partying pissed excited young dudes in the suburbs? MMMMM lemme think

Sounds like a lot of possible options open up ha ha. Also some guidelines need to be set I reckon. If an underage dude gets pissed or in trouble the oldest at the party are held responsible. (funny I should think of that) Same as someone drivin off pissed. These are heavy considerations. (only if ur old, dam)

I would strongly advise to treat invitations like our recruitment.
That is, NO THIS IS NOT AN OPEN LAN PARTY, its by invitation only. In other words its open but not totally. If we all start talkin bout it more and more as it gets closer (which we will) every man and his dog will want to come, it will go off on the server as it gets closer. We could end up with lots of fkn idiots. Same as the server, we want it to be non-stop fun, it could be full of dramas and hassles if we're not careful.

Keep the chat on the forums only maybe, cos those interested and who are cool will learn bout it thru steam friends and such, have an official list of whos coming so ppl can comment on them, and form a core group of guys who make decisions

Bigger does not mean better, we want it pretty big, but not huge. The bigger it gets the bigger the organisational side of it will grow too. Who is actually gonna co-ordinate this little shindig hmmn? You will be surprised at a squillion little things you have to tee up eh.

Anyone got access to some high speed hubs btw? Me and reyne may be able to tee up 2x24 and 1x16 port hubs that we got last time, dunno. Thats 64 computers to start lol. Also if we run comps that average 500 watts usage thats 4-5 per powerpoint so do the maths. Not only powerpoints but how many circuits in our premises? Big thing to organise to find that we keep blowin the circuits and cant play lol.

Anyways theres plenty more to go on with but I wont now lol, I'll see what peeps reckon Cool
Back to top Go down
Reaper

Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-04-05, 09:56

if i go, which i would love to, i have an 8 port 10/100. and i may also be able to get a hold of a big one from the school here. like 20 port maybe.
Back to top Go down
teknoss

teknoss

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-04-05, 10:22

sounds good fodder, i live in the CBD so i can ask around for you.
sports gyms, halls, and some other good places i no could be perfect.

im pretty street wise on the topic of Melbourne and the fuckwits in it.
if you have any questions, I’d be more then happy to help.
Wink
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-04-05, 12:21

Seriously put those pics back up i wanna see them Sad
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-04-05, 18:31

yeah no shit i want em back up too, only thing about them is that they were uploaded onto the DOA server site, through FTP which Mutant kindly gave me access to so i could upload them for him.
I dont have access to it anymore so i cannt see if they have been deleted, moved or fuck knows.
i could however upload them to somewhere else however it will take a fair while and i wanna see if they are actually still on the DOA server.

Regards to the LAN, having a hall would be pretty sweet, but yeah gotta think about power, showers & toilets and where everyone is going to sleep etc

I think the first thing that should be settled is, how many people are actually going to come to this lan? if we get that number first, and if we keep it to an "invite only" this should help with making a decision on locations and what to get.
no point hiring a massive hall if there are only going to be a few of us.
I think another problem could be is that a lot of halls you cant actually book out for say 3 nights, normally they are for 1 night and you gotta be out by 1am or somthing. (i know some places might be different but from past experience ive only really known a hall to be booked out for a night, correct me if im wrong on this though) so maybe depending on how many people we get we might consider actually hiring out a holiday house or something, that could be better coz then we will have beds, bathrooms, kitchen and a safe place to keep the gear if we head out for a bit.

i think maybe we should get a poll or a post for people to put there name down on who is actually going to come so we can get some numbers sorted. on the forums where only the members can view it. would have to work out how we are going to maintaine and monitor the "invites" and who can actually come.
I would suggest, that for safety and liability issues that this should be like the tassie lan where everyone should be 18+ to attend so that we dont have to worry about certain issues that might arrise with underage people.

i think that my work (RMIT Uni) just upgraded all there hubs to gigabit network, so i could ask around to see if they have any 10/100 switches spare or something, hopefully i can get some free ones or something and they should be pretty large ones as well. will see.

oh gotta find out a good date for this as well, so everyone can free themselves up for it Smile
Back to top Go down
teknoss

teknoss

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-04-05, 18:43

what about Australia day again? make it a DOA tradition
every year yas have massive lans? Haha
pirat
Back to top Go down
openfj0re

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-04-07, 07:17

i vote for a holiday house somewhere, if we look around a bit we can probably find two houses pretty close together, one can be a LAN house, the other can be a sleeping house (should interest you 7th i think Wink ). i'm totally keen though, last one was awesome, would be better if we can get at least 20 people to fill a server out and have some mad wars
Back to top Go down
Viprus

Viprus

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty2009-04-07, 11:08

yer a DOA/NAD tradition on australia day...

But teknoss where does that leave u? TC cant just invite themselves u know..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!   Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Snowmanns Lan Pics...DOA LAN 09!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next