Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Phrase for the loss

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

Phrase for the loss Empty
PostSubject: Phrase for the loss   Phrase for the loss Empty2009-12-13, 03:24

Guess what Snowmann, told u Phrase was playin down here. I decided not to go, and what fkn happens?

Friends of friends go to his gig, they hook up after the show, he goes to another niteclub with them later. They walk into the niteclub, the resident DJ sees Phrase, falls to his knees in worship, hands over the desk to Phrase, who takes over and puts on a free fkn show with lots of freestylin. Then after that they all go to a party!!!!!!!!

Aarrrrrrggggggghhhhh!!!!

I coulda been there and hung out with Phrase all nite, plus see 2 shows, I was so pissed eh lol. Cool
Back to top Go down
Mutant Enemy

Mutant Enemy

PostSubject: Re: Phrase for the loss   Phrase for the loss Empty2009-12-13, 09:36

lol shattered as... I didn't even know about this Sad
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Phrase for the loss   Phrase for the loss Empty2009-12-13, 12:30

oh what?! Shit fodder you would be pissed as! Would have been nuts to see! Least you will know for next time ey? Haha cant wait till i get home to listen to some aussie hip hop. Gotta get back into everything. Looks like ive missed a bit on the going ons of the community. So why did ya decide not to go?
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: Phrase for the loss   Phrase for the loss Empty2009-12-17, 17:45

Cos I feel too weird bein the old 55 yr old dude at a hiphop gig, with all the peeps lookin at me thinkin, " wtf u doin here".

Gay as Sad
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: Phrase for the loss   Phrase for the loss Empty2009-12-17, 18:25

dunno if its me gettin old, but being at falls I see how many older ppl are there and I feel I have insurance for a few years. The age range is fkn huge, it depends on the type of person, really.

It seems like you can identify with a good range of ages, so why not do it. Seriously, its not like your a balding pedo, or a fucking ancient or anything your just a guy....!

You have expressed dissapointment about this kind of thing before, which is kinda a shame, cause Im gettin there too, and I still wanna enjoy gigs.

personally speaking, I don't think I have ever thought that someone was too old for a gig, and you still relate to common net memes...

anyway, seriously, don't let it stop you getting out there and having fun, your spoiling it for us older ppl.... I don't want to feel like I can't go to a gig cause I am to old, and I am already gettin close!

anyways, I saw a lot of people rocking out at soundwave last year that were a lot older than me.... I think it comes down to perspective, wether you feel old or not... who are you holoding yourself up to? do you need to hold yourself up to others? who is telling you what age you can enjoy music at?

It generally comes down the the socailly

acceptable norms in place in the society (read suburbs) around you, for tthis kind of gig

bwhah, time for bed, sorry for the spiel, but it just made me think eh,
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: Phrase for the loss   Phrase for the loss Empty2009-12-19, 10:13

Well thanx councellor Quothage lol.

A general festival is better, (not the dance/techno section tho) but hiphop in particular rarely has any older peeps eh.

That series of events I wrote about in "fodders stories" under the story title "no more gigs for me" was like a last straw lol, pisses me.

Girls patting my shoulder condesendingly and askin me if I'm havin fun. (and in a rly loud voice, case I'm fkn deaf) (BAM! fkn headbutt)

Girls rubbing my back and asking if I like young ppls music (fk off!!)

Gettin questioned twice by security at the same gig, cos whats the old dude doin at a youth gig on his own.

Triple j DJs talkin about 50 year olds at a gig or festival. Quote, "what are they doin there, its just a bit creepy"

All happened in a really short space of time.

Get fkn fkd fkd fkd

Ruly ruly fkn pissed me.

Plus I prolly got 20 years or more on you Qhothage, I didnt have the hassle in me 30's eh.

Anyway Sad
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: Phrase for the loss   Phrase for the loss Empty2009-12-19, 10:19

Oh yeah Mutant, it was Bernadette, Reynes gf (at the time whoops)

Her and some friend eh.

What a fkn score lol, woulda been awesome Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Phrase for the loss   Phrase for the loss Empty2009-12-19, 10:57

fodder wrote:
Girls patting my shoulder condesendingly and askin me if I'm havin fun. (and in a rly loud voice, case I'm fkn deaf) (BAM! fkn headbutt)

Thats gold... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: Phrase for the loss   Phrase for the loss Empty2009-12-19, 15:03

Who let me on the forums that time of night?

And I agree with Snowy Very Happy woulda been gold...
Back to top Go down
bundy bear

bundy bear

PostSubject: Re: Phrase for the loss   Phrase for the loss Empty2009-12-19, 17:51

Fod im 18 and i think its great that an older generation is in touch with the same music as us and the older guys at festivals are all awesome just like yourself so i dont think you should let a bad experience sway you from going to festivals cause id sure as hell love to party at a festival with you one day and anyway if ppl dont like it fuck them
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: Phrase for the loss   Phrase for the loss Empty2009-12-19, 18:23

see, thats the way I feel bundy, but the shit he went through with the thread aforementioned... well, that'd piss me right off. So I can see where the sentiment is coming from (from the bedtime stories)... as that shit is just not cool. to put on someone else, or to have to deal with.... ffs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phrase for the loss   Phrase for the loss Empty

Back to top Go down

Phrase for the loss
Page 1 of 1