Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gungame Deathmatch

Go down 
+15
bundy bear
Thy Devourer
Tha Snowmann
Edgers
Woffle'
Vee
Monster
Plague
Amz
***mystic***
Dark Angel
I Get Killed
Fletch
WAKE UP Geoff!!
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-08, 03:22

well hate to burst ya bubble snowy but dtk has shotty on there 38 slot server Razz its freakin manic.

Slightly larger, preferably not too open (able to see spawn from close to your spawn).

And i cant think of anything else yet, so post some ideas and can start going through them Smile
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-08, 03:24

haha man that would be crazy!, shotty could be on there but with some modifications to make it larger i would think...
Back to top Go down
***mystic***

***mystic***

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-09, 17:14

I'm working on a new map now but I got a question.With DM maps do you have to put lots of spawn points around or is that done thru the server?
Back to top Go down
https://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/Blue_da_Magpie/
pyro

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-10, 03:12

Hey guys ive put together a map list im not sure how hard some of these are hard to get, but i got it from a reliable source.... :p

gg_aim_ag_texture_jungle-l
gg_aim_shotty
gg_fy_battlefield
gg_fy_funtimes
gg_indoor_castles
gg_trs_aim_churches
scoutzknivez
gg_7_gundust
gg_aim_dust2003_v2
gg_corner_v7
gg_deagle5
gg_dipmap
gg_double_shotty
gg_lego_arena
gg_little_bridge
gg_mr_pillar_v1
gg_playground_b
gg_prefluct
gg_shotty_snow
gg_simpsons_street
gg_supay
gg_watchtower_ggn
gg_fortrush_bm
gg_minesweeper
gg_fy_snow
fy_shotgun_ira_
aim_ak-colt_dust2007
gg_blue_arena
gg_playground_b
aim_deagle7k
gg_aim_deserted
gg_foray
gg_pool_day_gx
gg_screwed_over_V21
gg_sg_desert_b1
gg_simpsons_death_arena
gg_toon_castles
gg_fy_icecabin_gzm-m
gg_office
Back to top Go down
http://www.synexservers.com.au
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-10, 03:53

so i take it these are some maps to be used on the DM server yeah?

well if you got them we can easily just download them off you or get you to upload them somewhere so that geoff can grab em to chuck on the server when we get it all sorted out.

personally i would like to see aztec on the map list, loved that map but its not that great for GG, but a good size for a DM game! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-10, 05:23

Pissed that i lost all me maps when a drive died, had 100s and 100s of gg maps, both normal gg and gg dm, fk it.

We will still have same rules on DM server, in fact camping on DM is even gayer than normal gg. Another major rule is waiting around spawn areas and pickin peeps off as they spawn. Way gay.

Yeah we need bigger maps, and almost same criterior as as our gg maps, just need to be bigger, tho not huge. Still lite n bright, fairly open, more than one level is ok, but still not multi levelled or like heaps of corridors or ins and outs, otherwise ur just dyin from any direction, which is what already happens in DM anyway eh. Spawn areas need cover so u have time to spawn and get out and away, and one spawn area cant see the enemy spawn etc.

When the time comes, I'll troll plenty good maps so dont worry, plus some of our dudes will enjoy makin some new maps which will be good. Mapmakers will enjoy making some bigger maps I'm sure Cool
Back to top Go down
bundy bear

bundy bear

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-10, 08:12

you can try random spawning points on some maps ive seen that work to good effect on certain servers but it will also allow for more camping as you wont be able to track whether a player has moved since spawning or not
we will need spawn protection and if u make it long enough it can reduce peoples ability to pick players off as they spawn
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-10, 10:18

Yeh, we'll def have spawn protection Bundy, bit of a must in DM, we may also have a protection script where the opposition cant even get into the others spawn. Dunno about that one yet as it does bring up certain hassles Cool
Back to top Go down
bundy bear

bundy bear

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-10, 11:56

hmm sounds good but some servers have spawn protection for like 1 sec after u spawn which isnt enough to work out where you are so guys can still run through your spawn wrecking havoc protection needs to be at least 2-3 secs
Back to top Go down
Pompom

Pompom

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-10, 12:20

Just to re-cap what we've learnt today-

Protection is necessary to stop the enemy wreaking havoc in your spawn.

Got it Razz
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-10, 15:51

Pompom wrote:
Just to re-cap what we've learnt today-

Protection is necessary to stop the enemy wreaking havoc in your spawn.

Sex education 101
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-12, 08:59

Im going to go through my maps and pick out all the ones i think would be suitable to use as gg DM maps on the DOA server, they are all trolled from other gg death match servers... But that should hardly be of concern yes...? Il create a map pack and upload it to a reputible file sharing site and update it here asaicbf... The higher ups can go through them and decide on suitablilty as they please... Im very familiar with the DOA requirements and will apply that knowledge in my selection criteria... Shouldnt be a problem with any of them yeah...? 47 out...
Back to top Go down
***mystic***

***mystic***

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-12, 16:04

Jeez you crap on 47..... lol!
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-13, 10:42

Cant see any issues myself, if its tagge with a persons name etc then prob prefer not the have it (if they are an admin or owner of that dm server). Otherwise afaik maps are fair game Smile And yeah pretty much same criteria as gg server but if poss slightly bigger and not too open around spawn.

nice random comment mystic. dont know what thats about Smile

cheers 47 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
***mystic***

***mystic***

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-13, 12:21

Very Happy Just being a dick,nothing in particular
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-22, 09:19

And doing that well Mystic Razz

Just be aware that DM maps can be much begger than the gg maps we're used to as well. It makes it better on DM server with big maps because finding the last person is never a problem. Dtk server has some good ones running atm. Some are pretty big and still flow really well.
Back to top Go down
***mystic***

***mystic***

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-23, 15:00

Woffle' wrote:
Cant see any issues myself, if its tagge with a persons name etc then prob prefer not the have it (if they are an admin or owner of that dm server). Otherwise afaik maps are fair game Smile And yeah pretty much same criteria as gg server but if poss slightly bigger and not too open around spawn.

Well actually woff I have to disagree with you.the GG deathmatch is a totally different demagraphic to our standard GG.Multiple levels are good as well as a reasonably large map,Also if you place spawn points in all different random places then you elininate the spawn campers being able to keep killing when you spawn.some of the classic GG Deathmatch maps like Aztec and chateu work well with this theory. Cool
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-23, 15:48

yeah i reckon aztec needs to be put in for the GG DM server, always good to have some of the original maps, some of them are really good for DM
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-24, 02:19

Ummm i never said there was anything wrong with multiple levels?? However i reckon that random spawn is not a good idea. it takes away the 'flow' of the game, while i play on dtk server i would never play on any server that has random spawn.

Would have to see with aztec, have some concern there would be too much camping on it.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-24, 03:55

yeah well going to get that with a few different maps i think, hard to get rid of camping completely unless we admin it like we do with our GG server.

I think there should be a few original maps on there, dust2 would also be a good one i think
Back to top Go down
Amz

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-24, 04:40

i dont really think camping on a dm server is a big deal aye.. cos after you get one or two kills in one spot everyone knows where u are and generally when u kill someone they tend to spawn near where u killed them and they jst come back to pwn u..
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-24, 04:50

true, sorta like MW2. you get campers but if you stay in the same spot for too long then BAM your chomping down on someones bullets!

so it shouldn't be 'that' much of a problem however it will annoy a few people
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-24, 05:47

Na, dust2 is a fail dm gg map... Well after hours of playing and testing ive finally narrowed down the list of potential maps that we could host as a DOA GG DM server... il edit and post it tonight once ive made the map pack, il put up a list (im at work atm so cant do much), you may have them already in your map list so check before downloading... or if you dont have one or 2 maps, FPS BANANA should host most maps...
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-27, 02:06

I wouldn't mind seeing a few original maps in the dm server list too. I agree with Woffle though about the spawn point being the same in all maps. As Amz said the camping isn't as big a problem in dm cause campers always get pwned. Main issue with campers is the ones who stay near sppawn and camp but that shouldn't be too hard to monitor.

Disagree 47, dust 2 is good for dm. Only issue is the spawn points for T's that can be seen from the double doors down the bottom.

Look forward the the map pack though.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty2010-02-27, 10:08

Cheers 47, any idea when you can get them up to have a look at? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gungame Deathmatch
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next