Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What version GunGame ?

Go down 
+2
Deceiver
WAKE UP Geoff!!
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

What version GunGame ? Empty
PostSubject: What version GunGame ?   What version GunGame ? Empty2008-11-15, 17:55

I have moved this topic to General Discussion from the private section so we can see what the general opinion is on this subject.

We have shut down our other 20 slot server, mainly because we don't have the numbers to service it. We are in the main GunGame players, who don't mind playing other games, and this has seen the CSS and TF2 server empty most of the time. Servers need to be 2/3 full to attract randoms and this is difficult when we mostly all play the gg server. When we open recruitment again next year we will assess whether we open it back up maybe as a locked private server.

The main topic of discussion is what version of GunGame to run on the Oz GunGame server and or the new server? I already know there is strong opinions on both sides so give us your opinion.

We have GG3 with !give, good rego,smooth running but very little in the way of !leader etc facilities.
GG4 with its lag and rego issues but more player comforts
GG python with better rego and less lag than gg4, but no !give.

cheers Sleep

Last edited by WAKE UP Geoff!! on 2008-11-20, 07:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
Deceiver

Deceiver

PostSubject: Re: What version GunGame ?   What version GunGame ? Empty2008-11-19, 03:22

it comes down to what people will complain the least about. there will be people complaining no matter which way we go.

i guess you need to look at which features are used the most. i think !give is used more than your !leader commands. bad rego is complainied about the most, so i feel its between 3 and python. for me !give is a handy feature to have but i am sure i can live without it if the other features of python are really good.

i would vote to have gg3 on there
Back to top Go down
Pu|sE
|ÐØÅ| Captain

PostSubject: Re: What version GunGame ?   What version GunGame ? Empty2008-11-19, 14:15

Please dear god, PLEASE do not take away the almighty power that is !give

PRAISE BE TO !GIVE
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: GG34ftw   What version GunGame ? Empty2008-11-20, 03:56

That's what I reckon GG3FTW. In my opinion in order of importance, it's 1 no lag, 2 good rego and 3 !give. !level and !top are cool, but not crucial to the game in any way, the other three are. Those three things are all about gameplay, which is the most important thing eh. Cool
Back to top Go down
Deceiver

Deceiver

PostSubject: Re: What version GunGame ?   What version GunGame ? Empty2008-11-20, 07:42

yeah exactly.
Back to top Go down
Viprus

Viprus

PostSubject: Re: What version GunGame ?   What version GunGame ? Empty2008-11-20, 16:47

Stick with how it is eh..
If something isnt broken, dont fix it....
and !give ftw..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What version GunGame ?   What version GunGame ? Empty2008-11-20, 17:02

I reckon make it a css server but have the admins be total dicks and restrict certain weapons randomely and spawn weapons randomly!!! Be the css with the added bonus of random gun game!
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: What version GunGame ?   What version GunGame ? Empty2008-11-21, 06:23

GG3 Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What version GunGame ?   What version GunGame ? Empty2008-12-19, 16:09

dont like any think that runs pyton..once i down load it i eventually get haked..so i stear away from pyhon... i new to cs:s so all i realy use is rank. um the choice to punish team kills is kool..i dont like being able to hear the dead..or my aponents when their dead.

radio team chat for the living.
open chat for the dead would be better ,,,oh well

gg3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What version GunGame ?   What version GunGame ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What version GunGame ?
Page 1 of 1