Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trial of Team Fortress 2

Go down 
+5
McLaggin
Pu|sE
ADMIN
Crunchy
WAKE UP Geoff!!
9 posters
AuthorMessage
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

Trial of Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Trial of Team Fortress 2   Trial of Team Fortress 2 Empty2008-10-21, 17:50

Any clan members or server regulars can post their opinion about the TF2 server in this thread.

OH just a heads up guys, this is not the place to SPAM mmm ok

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net

PostSubject: Re: Trial of Team Fortress 2   Trial of Team Fortress 2 Empty2008-10-21, 18:15

Waaaaaaaah not the CSS server! :'( Cant it be the GG server? No one plays that server. And ive never played TF2. And SPAM was in capitals and red.

But spam aside lol, the css server isnt going to well, its freaking AWESOME when people play it. But thats rarely, even i havent been able to jump on as much lately which sucks. And iam a beleiver in majority rules...except for the whinging canberrans stopping a drag strip being built...bastards.
Back to top Go down
Crunchy

PostSubject: Re: Trial of Team Fortress 2   Trial of Team Fortress 2 Empty2008-10-22, 03:33

Team Fortress 2 costs money which may be a deterrent for most people when they can just download fresh new mods for the source engine.

Money isn't the issue for me but I've got a few games I am after off ebay so it may be about a month before I consider looking at TF2. =/

Gives you guys some time to get pro eh. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Trial of Team Fortress 2   Trial of Team Fortress 2 Empty2008-10-22, 08:38

TF2 is $20 US...

Cheep whore!
Back to top Go down
Pu|sE
|ÐØÅ| Captain

PostSubject: Re: Trial of Team Fortress 2   Trial of Team Fortress 2 Empty2008-10-22, 09:12

Or alternatively get a cheap whore to buy it for you?
Back to top Go down
Crunchy

PostSubject: Re: Trial of Team Fortress 2   Trial of Team Fortress 2 Empty2008-10-22, 09:21

How big is the download?
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Trial of Team Fortress 2   Trial of Team Fortress 2 Empty2008-10-22, 09:35

About 3.24 GB

Remember though, we are only doing TF2 for a week to see how it goes, so don't get it just to play on our server because we might not have it in a weeks time.
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Trial of Team Fortress 2   Trial of Team Fortress 2 Empty2008-10-22, 09:59

I'm gonna get it soon. as soon as i get my kb, my non-crt screen then ill get it.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Trial of Team Fortress 2   Trial of Team Fortress 2 Empty2008-10-22, 10:15

Mutant Enemy wrote:
TF2 is $20 US...

Cheep whore!

yeah but now days with the aussie dollar being as shit as it is atm, $20US is like $438,975,349 bucks here, well maybe not that much... :p

I say give the TF2 server a go and see how it pans out, never know if you never try i suppose Smile

Oh and i dont even have TF2 so it dosnt really matter to me if you do give this server a go or not
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Trial of Team Fortress 2   Trial of Team Fortress 2 Empty2008-10-22, 10:47

Mutant Enemy wrote:
About 3.24 GB

*cough*bullshit*cough* just got it myself and is only about 1-1.5gig since i already had css installed. Disk usage in steam shows 7 gig but considering thats including the standard steam/source files as well its not anything to go by.

woffle out.
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Trial of Team Fortress 2   Trial of Team Fortress 2 Empty2008-10-22, 10:59

Fail!
Trial of Team Fortress 2 3gig
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

PostSubject: Re: Trial of Team Fortress 2   Trial of Team Fortress 2 Empty2008-10-22, 11:30

I think its an awesome idea. Altho by the time I get my fucking internet back the trial period will be over.....

I guess all I can say is that I support the TF2 server. I believe that the CSS server failed pretty hard. I guess I will hope that the TF2 server goes well and find out when I return.

Much love. <3

As for AoC server its just a phase. It will end soon.
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Trial of Team Fortress 2   Trial of Team Fortress 2 Empty2008-10-22, 13:50

yea, you not liking it.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Trial of Team Fortress 2   Trial of Team Fortress 2 Empty2008-10-22, 16:18

*cough*including steam*Cough*

That may be the cached files but it isnt the amount that is downloaded

Last edited by Woffle' on 2008-10-23, 10:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: Trial of Team Fortress 2   Trial of Team Fortress 2 Empty2008-10-22, 16:30

Sad CSS did seem to fail pretty bad. now......, I dont have those quiet times I was sitting in there by myself, thinking.... thinking of 7th's dead girlfriends, thinking on how I wanted to be playing GG with the rest of the clan, lol.

I only managed to start the css server up cold by sitting in there a few times and getting randoms to come in, unfortunately. The times we had a few members in at once were great, theres a few great evenings I remember, but overall in the time it has been up, generally the server has been dead, which makes it dead money also Sad

I must say to, though I seem to be having some problems registering servers (ie: all outr servers disappeared from my favourites around the time of the sept champs) our DOA servers don't seem to come up in my my normal server list. While it may be my filters or what not, I am wondering if other people have this trouble.

TF2 sounds good from what ppl have said. Time for me to find me a trial, and see if it is worth me spending my new found income on Wink People seem to like it, and I would bet there would be more ppl playing on a DOA TF2 server than a CSS one, so it's probly wise to go that way more permanently than a trial, and look at the CSS idea once someone else is willing to pay for it, and there is more commitment from members.

good idea guys! even if it confused the fuck out of me last night when I was trying to log onto our css server, lol
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Trial of Team Fortress 2   Trial of Team Fortress 2 Empty2008-10-23, 23:08

by the way, would love to be playing on the server but have just about reached my bandwidth cap. And once thats gone, no more forums, so hopefully be able to get at least one game in before the trial ends Smile

Quoth - new found income?

Could there be any chance of a server share? mon-mon CSS and mon-sun TF2?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trial of Team Fortress 2   Trial of Team Fortress 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trial of Team Fortress 2
Page 1 of 1