Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Three Cheers for Five Years

Go down 
+5
Pu|sE
Tha Snowmann
MANX
McLaggin
Smurf
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Smurf

Smurf

Three Cheers for Five Years Empty
PostSubject: Three Cheers for Five Years   Three Cheers for Five Years Empty2009-04-19, 21:16

OK know I know this could probably go on the NaD/Ausplayer forums, but they're mostly just spam these days, I also know some people who are mentioned wont see this.

Anyways, I started playing GG....a few years ago when I stumbled onto Ausplayer and went "OMGWTFISTHIS!" having only played vanilla CSS. Anyways back then Ausplayer was the unofficial home of NaD and awesomeness. Back then they were a lot bigger and had more active members, so the server was always full with their clan members and it took around 20 minutes to get into the server.

Anyways I spent some time learning how to play GG and joining in the community and just getting to know the regulars in the server, I think at the time I was co-running a clan and we had our own server/scrims and ladder matches to worry about so I wasn't on a great deal, but it was still hell fun and I got to know a few of the guys fairly well. Anyways I got along really well with the guys and gals of NaD and Ausplayer really well for a long time, even when I left my other clan I stayed on the server with no attempt to clan back up due to not having the time, also not really seeing the point to joining a clan not focused on ladder/scrimming. Anyways after a while I talked to Reyne and hey agreed to trial both me and QuestionMark (for those who know him) at the same time. That didn't last and 2-3 days later we were both in and happy little Vegemites of the NaD clan. I soon became very heavy into the community and realized what I was missing, stupid time wasted lol.

Unfortunately not too long after this (a few months I think) Ausplayer shut down and Dante and a lot of other NaD and regulars disappeared. Just after this I started on the DUCKZ gaming server (now DGZ I think) and there were a few oldies on there. A few months passed and people stopped playing on DUCKZ and I heard about the DOA server. I ducked on and off every now and again but knew people on DUCKZ and was quite comfy there. A few weeks passed and I started playing on DOA more as more and more of the older regular Ausplayer players started on DOA, so I stuck around. It wasn't until months later I found out that NaD and DOA were connected. As the Ausplayer server closed the forums died off and DOA opened their doors up to all us homeless people and have made us welcome ever since. Sadly a lot of people have left since then and NaD is a dying breed Sad. I've seen a lot of shit go down and all the ups and downs etc etc since those few years ago and overall it's been pretty great.

Anyways long story short this is just a massive thank you to all the old school NaD and Ausplayer people who made me feel welcome back in the day and brang me into the world of GG. Its a great community to be a part of. No offense to DOA, the people in it, the server or community, but anyone around would admit that Ausplayer were the great old days, possibly part of the best years off Australian GG (even if just for nostalgia). Anyways short list shout out to the old schools Reyne, Dante etc etc, thanks for everything. Especially Dante and Reyne, for the time money and effort spent on Ausplayer and being welcoming to the GG community when it was a lot more elitest.

Next is a massive thank you to DOA, fodder, geoff etc, the guys and gals who opened up the door to NaD when we became homeless and took us in. Not to mention that they were very friendly bunch and have done a lot, more than really anyone I have seen for the Australian GG scene, the amount of time and money spent is amazing. Also to all the people in DOA, NaD and regulars and people who make DOA, the forums and servers what they are today (fodder geoff mutant etc). Its a great time to be around.

Anyways guys this isn't a goodbye or anything like that, I just think it was about time I said a big formal thank you to everyone and everything involved in making all this possible. And if I have missed someone or something, I'm sorry, remind me and I'll fill it in lol.

Anyways guys can we try keep this clear of spam? Its not too much to ask is it?

Cheers,
Smurf
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers for Five Years   Three Cheers for Five Years Empty2009-04-19, 22:20

I feel I missed out on a lot in ausplayer.
Back to top Go down
MANX

MANX

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers for Five Years   Three Cheers for Five Years Empty2009-04-20, 02:48

Has anyone got a tissue? Sad
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers for Five Years   Three Cheers for Five Years Empty2009-04-20, 04:18

Laggin you did miss out a lot on the Ausplayer sever.

Coz of Ausplayer and all the awesome regs that is what got me into GG and that is what kept me in GG.
If ya dont mind Smurf ill leech off your post a bit coz i can relate to it a fair bit and ill use it as well for a thank you to everyone for creating such a great GG community Smile

Oh and where my my mention?? haha i know i wasnt in NaD back in the Ausplayer days, wasnt really interested in being in a clan back then but i was there as a reg Smile
Back to top Go down
Pu|sE
|ÐØÅ| Captain

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers for Five Years   Three Cheers for Five Years Empty2009-04-20, 08:25

I got one right Manxy, I've already gone through like 5, I miss zee Ausplayer days =[.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers for Five Years   Three Cheers for Five Years Empty2009-04-20, 10:47

*hand up* miss the oz player days as well. But all good things come to an end eventually i guess.

Snowy you still havent changed from those days either, still a crack up m*ther-f*cker.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers for Five Years   Three Cheers for Five Years Empty2009-04-20, 11:26

Woffle' wrote:
Snowy you still havent changed from those days either, still a crack up m*ther-f*cker.... Very Happy

haha i know and thats the way its gonna stay! Razz
why change something that cant be improved upon...? haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers for Five Years   Three Cheers for Five Years Empty2009-04-20, 13:16

Wasn't it you that was be||os back then snowy?

hell yeah, ausplayer rocked. I remember meeting reyne on GA gungame way back when I was starting to reg GG servers, i saw reyne and mark playing and was like Shocked these guys are good. It wasn't till after I ended up joining NaD that I found out they went to the same school as me haha Laughing

Then ausplayer came along and NaD overrun it, the good times rolled. Sadly I went overseas for 6 months and came back to find it had been shut down Sad .. But DOA was up by then so alls good
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers for Five Years   Three Cheers for Five Years Empty2009-04-20, 13:39

yeah man from memory i tihnk my name was "Be||os - AKA Tha Snowmann" or something like that, maybe could have just been Be||os when i first started.
cant believe you remember that Razz

yeah i remember that, saw Mark, Reyne and Soup on the GA servers and yeah then got word of Ausplayer so hit that up and just kept going along with it, turned out pretty good i think Smile
Back to top Go down
openfj0re

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers for Five Years   Three Cheers for Five Years Empty2009-04-20, 15:39

well said smurf,

man you're making me nostalgic about those days. they were truly great, its pretty f*cken sweet that there are so many people that used to play on ausplayer that still play regularly, i think it says something that so many people have stuck with this community. i mean, this is the internets, how often does that happen?

NAD POOOOOOOOOOOWER
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers for Five Years   Three Cheers for Five Years Empty2009-04-21, 06:16

Well cmon open, like you wouldnt want to be part of this community Smile

Haha and sorry snow I do remember you from back then, well part of it. I didnt know your name was be||os but i remember the aka tha snowmann bit.

Anyways whats wrong with being nostalgic about this lol, wasnt really so much the point

Actually Im quite surprised by some of the replies here, never really thought this is the response this thread would see so im quite happy about that ^^. Good to see so many old schoolers out and about.

And whats wrong with NaD overrunning? lol

As open siad, NAD POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWER
Back to top Go down
xBloodSEA

xBloodSEA

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers for Five Years   Three Cheers for Five Years Empty2009-04-21, 06:31

ahaha reminds me when i was back on ausplayer server, when i was still in NaD
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers for Five Years   Three Cheers for Five Years Empty2009-04-21, 06:34

And then you disappeared for ages. Homo <3
Good to see you came back, even if it took you forever.

Quite honestly I tihnk the main reason for this is with everything thats happened lately. Makes me long for the good old days when we all had fun and no problems, meh!
Back to top Go down
xBloodSEA

xBloodSEA

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers for Five Years   Three Cheers for Five Years Empty2009-04-21, 06:35

ok smurf, this is wat we do, go back to NaD Smile AHAHHA
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers for Five Years   Three Cheers for Five Years Empty2009-04-21, 06:39

Hey, unlike you I'm still in NaD....traitor!
Back to top Go down
xBloodSEA

xBloodSEA

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers for Five Years   Three Cheers for Five Years Empty2009-04-21, 06:44

oh i forgot =O <3 NaD still
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers for Five Years   Three Cheers for Five Years Empty2009-04-21, 10:38

NAD POWA Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three Cheers for Five Years   Three Cheers for Five Years Empty

Back to top Go down

Three Cheers for Five Years
Page 1 of 1