Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CAMPING

Go down 
+6
openfj0re
im the new guy
grievous
Thy Devourer
Fletch
fodder
10 posters
AuthorMessage
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

CAMPING Empty
PostSubject: CAMPING   CAMPING Empty2009-10-23, 10:34

Yes we are a non camping server, but there are a couple of things to consider.

At times the "stop camping" comments are continuous, its almost mic spam sometimes, and some ppl simply get sick of hearing it repeated over and over. Especially newcomers.

Also ppl need to be told not to camp or whatever, but sometimes its simply whinging and moaning cos you get shot by some dude.

Explain the rules, pull a guy up or whatever, dont have the whining whinging tone that some have.

Also if you are an admin, bad luck!!!! interrupt your gameplay, go into spec and do something about it.

It's a pain but that's admin for ya.

It's also time to crack down on a few mouthy regs who go off at campers. Too loud and too aggro. This needs to stop.

As far as I'm concerned any good reg has a say on our server, they just dont have admin powers, but they need to point out the rules or have a go at someone, not go off, and do it continuously as some do. Time to pull these guys up and have a word, if they are in ur friends then do it that way, always works better.

And don't tell em to stfu, just explain it isnt cool, they can say the same stuff without mouthing off, and they can slow down a bit.

One last thing CHECK THEIR SCORE B4 YOU HAVE A GO

Soooooooo many times a guy is on 0/1 and just spawned, or hes on 2/2 and didnt hear all the camping talk that went on 2 minutes ago dammit, not cool. Whenever you make a mistake then apologise ffs. sorry man is pretty easy, it's also good for the randoms and others to hear, it sounds cool when the admins are man enuff to say sorry, and not be so godlike Cool
Back to top Go down
Fletch

Fletch

CAMPING Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAMPING   CAMPING Empty2009-10-23, 13:55

Sorry bout raging sometimes, I get fustrated with the camping kills when I rush especially after a long day at work
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

CAMPING Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAMPING   CAMPING Empty2009-10-23, 15:21

Everyone does, its a common flaw. However, i'd like to bring up the point of vigilantes on the server. I hate it when guys just keep on going on about camping and other admin issues. Just leave it to the admin ffs.
Back to top Go down
grievous

grievous

CAMPING Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAMPING   CAMPING Empty2009-10-23, 16:51

I think there should be a message: "Every time someone camps, Infected touches a kitten"

What sick person, would want that? I def would not camp.
Back to top Go down
im the new guy

im the new guy

CAMPING Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAMPING   CAMPING Empty2009-10-24, 03:12

Quote :
I think there should be a message: "Every time someone camps, Infected touches a kitten"

You are actually onto something quite good there imo.
Why not edit the script to say "USERID has been damaged for camping!". This will inform them they are taking damage for camping (not being shot by someone) and that camping is against the rules. Would be good for newcomers.
Sorry if that's already how it is, I forget (don't do much camping).
Just a thought Very Happy
Back to top Go down
openfj0re

CAMPING Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAMPING   CAMPING Empty2009-10-24, 04:58

tbh though greivous, infected would touch the kittens anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

CAMPING Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAMPING   CAMPING Empty2009-10-30, 22:42

What about turning players whom are being slapped by the anti camp script into beacons temporarily as well. It would remove any advantage they gain in camping as they would be noticeable, you would have to be blind to stumble into them Razz. A 5hp slap and everyone knowing where your holed up would put even the worst offenders off camping probably
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

CAMPING Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAMPING   CAMPING Empty2009-10-31, 04:37

Because it had it's flaws and sometimes slaps non campers.

Plus the constant noise of the beacons.... Fuck no thx.
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

CAMPING Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAMPING   CAMPING Empty2009-10-31, 11:55

Not a constant beacon, that would be annoying as. Just like make them a beacon for one second, or send a beacon pulse in unison with the slap. So most of the time you would be lucky to hear the beacon at all unless you have a real camper who wont give up
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

CAMPING Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAMPING   CAMPING Empty2009-10-31, 13:04

People always get slapped so it would be pretty much constant beacon, we didn't add it for that reason.

There is shit load of spam happening in the server as it is, we don't need anymore.
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

CAMPING Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAMPING   CAMPING Empty2009-10-31, 13:05

fair enough
Back to top Go down

CAMPING Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAMPING   CAMPING Empty2009-11-02, 03:15

grievous wrote:

What sick person, would want that? I def would not camp.

LOL thats a good one...
Back to top Go down
Soup

CAMPING Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAMPING   CAMPING Empty2009-11-14, 13:56

A lot of people complaining about campers were not actually seeing camping at all. As fodder said, people may have just spawned, are on scout. whatever. It's not hard to check those things before going off.
My all-time favourite was when I ran around the entire map, and got yelled at (by an admin that shall remain nameless) to get out of spawn...

It gets annoying. Go spec if you think someone is camping.

Anyone who knows me, knows I never camp, ever. Not even in normal CS:S when you're supposed to camp. I have a special sort of ADD limited only to playing CS:S. I can't sit still.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CAMPING Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAMPING   CAMPING Empty

Back to top Go down

CAMPING
Page 1 of 1