Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

parameters on the term camping

Go down 
+10
Thy Devourer
Quoth...
Smurf
McLaggin
Edgers
Austerror
SkUnKLuNgS
grievous
Monster
***mystic***
14 posters
AuthorMessage
***mystic***

***mystic***

parameters on the term camping Empty
PostSubject: parameters on the term camping   parameters on the term camping Empty2009-07-01, 19:15

I just have a question on the camping rule.Can someone explain to me the parameters on camping cos for the last couple of weeks it seems that the rules are being flexed with ppl (mostly regs) hiding behind boxes/walls/cabinets and anything else they can hide behind.I dont mean to sound like a waa but i'd like to know where i stand with this rule,cheers....
Back to top Go down
https://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/Blue_da_Magpie/
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: parameters on the term camping   parameters on the term camping Empty2009-07-02, 01:13

As far as I know Mystic it really depends on the admin on at the time. But safe rule is to keep going forwards. If they're really bothering you after you tell them to keep moving then let an admin know when they get on.
I know it can be a pain in the arse but your always gonna get people who piss you off in life. If they are regs they should know better and the admins can deal with them if it keeps happening.
Back to top Go down
grievous

grievous

PostSubject: Re: parameters on the term camping   parameters on the term camping Empty2009-07-02, 03:30

Heya Mystic, I haven't seen you in game in ages! Yeah I also agree with Mystic. Especially maps like funtimes. People just stand in spawn at beginning of the map trying to pop me rushing down the middle Sad
Back to top Go down
SkUnKLuNgS

SkUnKLuNgS

PostSubject: Re: parameters on the term camping   parameters on the term camping Empty2009-07-02, 04:32

grievous wrote:
Heya Mystic, I haven't seen you in game in ages! Yeah I also agree with Mystic. Especially maps like funtimes. People just stand in spawn at beginning of the map trying to pop me rushing down the middle Sad

Ya even a couple of the admins do that very annoying i get tempted to slay them sometimes Wink
Back to top Go down
Austerror

PostSubject: Re: parameters on the term camping   parameters on the term camping Empty2009-07-02, 07:33

on this.. on maps like Shotty.. is it "camping" to use that first barrier as cover on either side as long as u dont sit there the whole round because i like to get there quickly.. try and pop one or 2 in the head then move on... Now some admins have told me not to.. but others seem not to mind.. and if someone pauses in spawn to pop a few rounds off before moving off is that a problem?? i cant remember the maps name but theres one where u can hit a few ppl from spawn... and i occasionally sit tehre for a couple of seconds at the start of the amp and just spray a few rounds in hope of the occasional headshot.. if any of this is deemed camping plz let me know and ill try and stop...
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: parameters on the term camping   parameters on the term camping Empty2009-07-02, 07:51

Re: the issue with funtimes. If you stand in the middle at the start shooting, I don't have a problem with it as long as you follow it up and go down the middle once the firefight with people opposite you is over. If you stand in the middle to try and pop some people rushing the middle from the other end, then in turn run to the side and are a minute behind your teammates who have chosen to go the side way, then I see that as a no-no. Same principle goes for similar maps like snow etc.

Edit: Though I should clarify: I don't have a problem with it when you're in a firefight. Shouldn't be expected to rush forward towards your opponent in a firefight, it isn't a joust, and standing is key to getting kills with some guns. Standing there however, waiting for someone to come out when you're not firing, or ducking in and out from the wall is camping imo. If you're going to go the middle way, then rush it or get out of peoples way

Last edited by Edgers on 2009-07-02, 12:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
grievous

grievous

PostSubject: Re: parameters on the term camping   parameters on the term camping Empty2009-07-02, 10:36

To me, if you start there, you are essentially still in spawn, therefore you should move.That being said, it's only my personal opinion and I don't want it to seem like I am having a whinge. Because being put in the difficult situation all the time will only improve my skills Smile
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: parameters on the term camping   parameters on the term camping Empty2009-07-02, 14:19

One thing that pisses me off is people hanging in their half of the map in bloodarena. Gives me the shits.
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: parameters on the term camping   parameters on the term camping Empty2009-07-02, 15:15

Its all up to the admins interpretation. Honestly, it can be painful to watch the whole game, and I think most admins focus on rands rather than regs as they should know the rules. That being said I feel regs deserver harsher punishment for rule breaking, especially those in DOA, NaD, TC, MGO etc.

Its normally not a problem if you're pinned down in a gunfight, but in those spots at spawn, don't turn around and go back to spawn. Stopping if you hear someone behind you is one thing, stopping and waiting just cause is another.

My 2c
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: parameters on the term camping   parameters on the term camping Empty2009-07-02, 16:12

from what I gather from fodder and geaoff chatting in server, you can stop to have a shot, but then move on. So duck behind a box and have a shot at someone from cover, but then get your ass outta ther.

I do agree with the firefight thing though. I have a tendency to "charge" ppl, like a joust, and it gets me killed a lot. but it makes the game go faster Wink I do think that taking advantage of cover in a firefight is a good way to play, but be carefull of blocking ppl.
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

PostSubject: Re: parameters on the term camping   parameters on the term camping Empty2009-07-02, 16:24

It all depends, i might be tighting my own noose here, like just say in shotty you go down the right and you see three guys maybe even more coming at you and even another from above i feel its fine to use the little walls as simple cover. However what i dont like is when people crouch and stay there and wait for people to walk past, that and spawn camping is a huge no no.

I believe that can be sometimes deemed not camping, just simple looking out for yourself lol and not heading into like 4 headshots. Its a difficult thing to define camping, and i dont think anyone will ever define it fully haha Razz
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: parameters on the term camping   parameters on the term camping Empty2009-07-02, 16:45

It can only been used if you are shooting at each other. If you see three guys and no one is shooting you cant sit there and wait. If there is a fire fight my understanding is you can.
Back to top Go down
Jorp

Jorp

PostSubject: Re: parameters on the term camping   parameters on the term camping Empty2009-07-02, 17:49

personally few things define camping for me.

- sitting in same spot whether it's out in the open or behind cover.

and

- hiding behind cover without popping out to shoot. (ie waiting for enemy to expose themselves to you) also staying in the same cover spot too long.

and

- Also you should only use cover if you've come across multiple enemies that have spotted you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: parameters on the term camping   parameters on the term camping Empty2009-07-03, 09:29

i like wat jorp said... lol
Back to top Go down
***mystic***

***mystic***

PostSubject: Re: parameters on the term camping   parameters on the term camping Empty2009-07-06, 19:21

Well quite alot of mixed answerrs there,you see when i first started playing this server,way before i was in doa i never had the give key bound so i used to take cover to reload and was getting told not to camp cos i was taking cover.so from that point on I always charged full pelt at the enemy like they were stealin my beer,sometimes i get a kill,most times i get killed but i never got accused of camping again.Now I see people hiding behind walls in snow/shotty and boxes in churches and so on and i think that if your not moving forward at all times you are camping.The sad thing is that some of the "offenders" hold admin privileges and they of all people should know the definition of the rule as they are leading by example...That may be a little black and white but at least there are no grey areas.thats my opinion for what its worth,cheers
Back to top Go down
https://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/Blue_da_Magpie/
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: camping   parameters on the term camping Empty2009-07-12, 05:43

I dont see "grey" areas in camping lol, it's pretty black and white to me. Jorp and clown and others explained pretty well. A firefight in the middle of say funtimes is ok, but continue down middle, crouching in spawn is gay, get on your feet gayboy. Rushing out of spawn to crouch behind a wall or box is gay, use a wall or box to shield urself in a firefight, then move on, waiting behind any thing is gay as.

The other big thing is don't do whatever it is repeatedly.

Churches and other rooves are ok, go up have a shot or two, then get down, hanging on a roof or anywhere else is out. (and saying its the other teams roof is irrelevant)

Some ppl say camping is ok on scout knife or nade is ok. BULLSHIT!! Scout only!!!! Of course you hold back a bit on knife or nade, but out you go, just behind the main rush maybe. I even dont believe in camping on scout actually. My statement is always this "you can camp on scout if you are STUCK on it". (and thats in the rules) I normally rush scout, but on the occasions when I am in spawn I will ALWAYS be standing in the open, never on a corner or behind a wall.

And Skunk, I dont give a toss who is camping, admin or not, if they've been warned and are still doin it, and u fancy a slay then go for it lol. HAI! Cool
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: parameters on the term camping   parameters on the term camping Empty2009-07-12, 05:58

fodder has spoken.... Razz
Back to top Go down
sic_as

PostSubject: Re: parameters on the term camping   parameters on the term camping Empty2009-07-13, 01:55

tru as fod, i reckon sum of it comes from ppl trying to protect there rank , regs know the rulz but some try to protect there rank (mabey to keep em in the monthly championship) , i reckon roof should me out, (my opion )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: parameters on the term camping   parameters on the term camping Empty

Back to top Go down

parameters on the term camping
Page 1 of 1