Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An idea to help pay for the server

Go down 
+4
Reaper
McLaggin
Electron
Tha Snowmann
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

An idea to help pay for the server Empty
PostSubject: An idea to help pay for the server   An idea to help pay for the server Empty2009-02-22, 14:20

i have a thought as to a way for fodder and geoff to get some more money to put towards the server.
this has sprung up after reading the post skippy put forward regarding the new server choices and having everyone help out

Now i hate add on internet sites just as much as the next person, but hear me out here as this could help a lot i think.
There is a lot of us regs that brows these forums and im sure that there are a lot of random people as well that have a look. so needless to say there is a steady stream of traffic coming through the forums.
What about putting some adds up through the forums?? im not talking about in every thread and plastered all over the joint so we cant see what posts are actually about, but more like some minor ones, say on the portal page. somewhere where everyone goes through however somewhere that dosnt deter us from the forums.
this could allow for some relief on the money side of things and also help the server keep going.
same thing could go as when you join the actual server, the very first page could have some adds there. for me personally i dont even look at that page, i just press enter Smile but everytime someone joins, it has to load that page and therefor it will generate money Smile
with the server topping over 1000 people registered on the ranks thats bound to generate a nice little income for the server, im sure not many people will really give a shit about having an add on that page n e ways.

so what do you all think about that for an idea?? just putting it out there...
Back to top Go down
Electron

Electron

PostSubject: Re: An idea to help pay for the server   An idea to help pay for the server Empty2009-02-22, 15:06

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt someone have to click the link in order for it to generate monies?
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: An idea to help pay for the server   An idea to help pay for the server Empty2009-02-22, 15:09

no i dont believe so, but it would depend on the actual add.
some adds just require it to be loaded for it to generate money. my mate had a site a few years ago where this was the case.
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: An idea to help pay for the server   An idea to help pay for the server Empty2009-02-22, 15:24

then we could also use auto reftresher to make even moar moneyz Smile
Back to top Go down
Reaper

Reaper

PostSubject: Re: An idea to help pay for the server   An idea to help pay for the server Empty2009-02-22, 15:35

This seems like a good idea. I can see it now. "INCREASE YOUR PENIS SIZE WITH THE NEW REVOLUTIONARY PENIS SUPPOSITORY"
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: An idea to help pay for the server   An idea to help pay for the server Empty2009-02-22, 17:19

haha nah nah im not talking about all thoes penis adds or whatever, im thinking more along the lines of google adds or something, or adds for products relating to computers and so forth. so in other words, "clean" adds Smile
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: An idea to help pay for the server   An idea to help pay for the server Empty2009-02-23, 00:12

Depends whether it is CPM (each click) or just an eye-ball count.

The auto-refresher thing stopped working in like 1997 Smile ad servers (like mine) take into account the IP address that the ad is viewed from and stop any double impressions based on the cookie from that IP as well.

But nice try Wink

Yeah Google would be the best bet.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: An idea to help pay for the server   An idea to help pay for the server Empty2009-02-23, 03:20

the best would be eye-ball count, as i dont see any of us clicking on an add unless by accident.
google adds are normally clean and they are not the damn flashing annoying things. i had one add on a blog that i was trying to read, it was flashing like crazy, really playing with my eyes. anyway in order for me to read this blog i physically had to hold my hand up against the screen and cover it, it was that fucked. so yeah not talking about those kinda adds
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: An idea to help pay for the server   An idea to help pay for the server Empty2009-02-25, 16:05

no, use google add words. Then if ppl cant donat e money, they can at least click a link ten times to help support the servers Very Happy

Watching tv? click links.... lol. Though I am sure they have the same kind of ip tracker to some degree, but if everyone just clicked an add once per visit, it would still help.
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: An idea to help pay for the server   An idea to help pay for the server Empty2009-02-26, 05:10

well how about getting a sponsor or something?
pref something/someone that has something to do with computer. maybe a computer store and in the server have a lil add thing with their website or something. just like how the server rules and stuff spam up. im sure there would be some sort of way to generate some money through that. and if not, maybe they could help out with monthly champ prizes or soemthing. that be pretty sweet i think. it wouldnt piss me off to see a line come up once in a while with a website and the companies name.
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: An idea to help pay for the server   An idea to help pay for the server Empty2009-02-26, 13:29

centrecom are pretty good. Not sure if their just melbourne. Maybe a small tassie one would be good
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: An idea to help pay for the server   An idea to help pay for the server Empty2009-02-26, 15:32

Once i get a dedicated server in aus (poss 6months to a year away) I will more than happily host the server for cost which will be quite a bit cheaper than what most companies charge at the moment.

Until then I will contribute money Smile
Back to top Go down
MANX

MANX

PostSubject: Re: An idea to help pay for the server   An idea to help pay for the server Empty2009-02-26, 15:48

Ok ok this may sound gay but Im into Minis you know the 60's and 70's tiny little cars bit bigger than a go cart? I have another forum I visit its called MINIMANIA.COM and they have a thing that if you link from your site to theirs and there is money spent by the person linked from your site, you get 10% of what they bought in $$$$. But that was about a year ago it maybe less now, but if you could find some one in computers or even if there are alot of other css players into minis it could generate $$ fasssssssst. No?

We could all wear white mini t shirts and have a wet tshirt comp net LAN party?
Back to top Go down
Crimson

Crimson

PostSubject: Re: An idea to help pay for the server   An idea to help pay for the server Empty2009-02-26, 16:57

lets have a fundraising carwash! i'll go get my gstring
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerupdesign.org
MANX

MANX

PostSubject: Re: An idea to help pay for the server   An idea to help pay for the server Empty2009-02-27, 04:24

WWoooo Im in! I have a pink bikini thats to small and my junk sticks out all over the place WOOOOOO! rendeer
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: An idea to help pay for the server   An idea to help pay for the server Empty2009-02-27, 15:28

MANX GET OFF THE FORUMS AND ON CSS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An idea to help pay for the server   An idea to help pay for the server Empty

Back to top Go down

An idea to help pay for the server
Page 1 of 1