Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.

Go down 
+25
Thy Devourer
Woffle'
Electron
Leeroy Jenkins
smilinsniper
Crossfade
teknoss
Tha Snowmann
Psychoskippy
I Get Killed
McLaggin
Viprus
MANX
Edgers
Smurf
openfj0re
Quoth...
fodder
dante
HurriKane
WAKE UP Geoff!!
Keza
ADMIN
The7thLegion
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
McLaggin

Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-02-07, 15:18

i reckon 75 kills sounds good to me
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-02-08, 03:24

DaveGod wrote:
Iam a rank whore. And i love joining servers and checking for rank then moving up the ladder real quick. I think that is why i kept playing NaD server."

The Ausplayer server did not have ranks. Only a win count.

But as for the ranks I think we should remove them. Go by wins. Its gun game, that's all that should matter.
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-02-08, 08:46

but then would that mean that the monthly championships would go as well?
winnings are not the easiest thing to come by, especially if we have around 1500 people playing on the server, i believe thats what last months was.
so i think if we still want to do the monthly champs we will still need a ranking system, but not by wins
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-02-08, 08:55

also it means whoever plays the most usually gets it, or will end up with higher win ranking than their other rank. It may reward the players who play more, but some people have limited time, and this could mean they would do a lot worse than usual.
Back to top Go down
teknoss

teknoss

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-02-08, 10:20

i agree with 7th, it would be a good change IMO,
most people might prefur it, but either way as long as we're all
having a good time on the server.. thats all it comes down too Razz
Back to top Go down
Viprus

Viprus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-02-08, 11:55

wins rely on max playing time and some people just dont play enough.
rank prodces whores i suppose but requires less time to get up in the top whatever
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-02-08, 15:31

What I dont like about ranks is the fact that people what to play but dont because they dont want rands to ruin there rank.

No ranks = more people more of the time.
Ranks = rank whores and people who dont want to play cause it will affect there rank

Im sure there is some other way we can work out the championships.
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-02-08, 16:55

i think more ppl play bcoz of the rank and think i have to get my rank up. rank whoring only comes into effect towards teh end of the month.
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-02-08, 18:14

i have to agree with laggin. i think the ranks are a big reason of why people play. And although this may may me sound a bit up myself but normally im in the top 2 or 3, especially later in the month. rands come one alot! especially around when i have time to play.

ill spend maybe 5 minutes on the server have a kd ratio of 3 and still be down 200 points. but i still play for another hour. yes losing points and ranks is shit but it pushes people 9 well atleast me) to try better. and stop losing points so hard it makes my arse hurt.

there will always be rank whores and there will always be people who hate rands. i tihnk its just better for everyone to slap them around the head and bring them back into line

btw im making my posts on steam while playuing, be nice
Back to top Go down
Crossfade

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-02-27, 09:42

How many rands do u see in the top 20 though. None, they are all regulars (well from what i know anyway, I'm in the server almost 24/7).

As for ranks, i say leave them. You may get rands come in every now and then but the people who complain about them should get over it. If you play say 3 hrs a day maybe more, your rank will move up. Even though killing people lower then you in the ranks may give you very little rank points, its better then nothing.
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-02-27, 15:29

50 kills stead of 20 to get ranked imo.
Back to top Go down
Crossfade

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-02-27, 18:13

I was talking to some people in the DOA server few hrs ago, and i was saying that DOA should put in a new map rotation. The map rotation at the moment, is already but it gets boring real quick cause its the same maps over and over again.

Even if we had some of the old maps like, Dust 2, Plateau and all of them. Just something different for a change, to keep it exciting.
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-02-27, 18:22

I hear ya man. I wish I had the full permissions to add and remove maps. But unfortunately I dont and the powers above restrict my ability to mix it up a lil.

Altho there are some people who dont mind the same maps. I dont care. I enjoy the company of fellow players. Dont really care about the map.

<3 all you guys.
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: maplist   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-03-01, 05:43

Rtv changes the map rotation of course, so when fave maps are selected the rotation repeats giving the impression that "its the same old maps" lol. There are actually 50 maps in the cycle which should be enuff to please anyone. Just a few weeks ago mutant and I removed 12 maps and added 18 new ones!

The core of old fave maps will always remain the same cos thats what is wanted by the regs. The "same old cycle" keeps rotating cos thats what is preferred eh, thats why it happens lol. Gotta go with what is most popular.

Its hard to find good gg maps that fit our preferred criteria actually. Also its amazing how many players bitch up when new maps appear. So its not easy to plz everyone eh. But maps like dust2 and other big css maps will never make it eh, no chance, way too big and no good for gg really.

I troll thru gg servers on a regular basis not playing, just downloading gg maps and checkin em out lookin for maps for us. You only need to join a map u never heard of and it takes only 30 seconds to see its a possible good map and less time to see its no good.Other guys should try it and start a thread listing possible good gg maps eh. Pretty easy Cool
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: kill minimum   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-03-01, 05:47

We were gonna change the minimum kills to 50 before you got ranked laggin, dunno what happened there. think we did but it didnt work or sumpin. Geoff even wanted it like 150-200 or so. 50 at least would be good tho eh. It'll happen. Cool
Back to top Go down
smilinsniper

smilinsniper

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-03-01, 05:55

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/games/490

^ A great place to sample what is on offer.
Back to top Go down
Leeroy Jenkins

Leeroy Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-03-01, 17:14

the whole bot idea bad makes it unfair on non admin players to score a rank all it takes is for an admin to add bots turn them into zomibes (non moving bots) change there health to 1 and flash bang kill them to max out rank
Back to top Go down
http://www.hidenseek.site40.net/
Electron

Electron

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-03-01, 17:31

and why would anyone want to do that?
I mean seriously... that's just gay.

There are also mods that disable ranking for less than x players... (3 is a good number...)
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-03-01, 23:41

Leeroy Jenkins wrote:
the whole bot idea bad makes it unfair on non admin players to score a rank all it takes is for an admin to add bots turn them into zomibes (non moving bots) change there health to 1 and flash bang kill them to max out rank
Or if I wanted to I could just go in the configs and give myself 99999999 points and be always ranked one, much easier.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-03-02, 09:55

Bwahahaha nice 1 mutant Smile but either way leeroy, it would come under admin abuse along with rank whoring which alone can be bannable. So i very much doubt an admin would do that if they wanted to continue to have admin/play on the server.
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-08-21, 22:33

Can we modify the 'it's ok to camp on scout if you have to' rule to 'it's ok to camp on scout if you need to but gtfo of spawn' rule?

Brought it up on the server, seemed pretty much everyone agreed lol
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-08-22, 05:45

Thats how it is anyway, fodd's said a number of times that camping on scout is ONLY if you get stuck on it. It is not to be camp on scout no matter what. Just not enforced too much, i mean it can be hard to say your not stuck on scout (when they have actually been on it for the last 5 rounds). -to play devils advocate-
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-08-22, 06:38

I'm not so much against the camping on scout as I am spawn camping on scout
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-10-04, 05:38

fodder wrote:
I don't think we should have a weapon with nade cos it makes it too easy. In my opinion nade and knife should be difficult, as the whole progression of weapons is supposed to be getting harder and harder, with nade and knife at the pinnacle.

This pretty well answers my quirey as well, i had the idea (certainly not original) that we could implement a random weapons list, so each and every map has a different weapons order, includding the original order and a reverse order as well? i have read through this entire thread and have not seen this mentioned anywhere, not sure if someone else has mentioned it, just and idea... But after reading what you posted about the weapon order, how is desinged to get harder and harder, it sorta answers that question already...

Smurf wrote:
I'm not so much against the camping on scout as I am spawn camping on scout

Scout rush noscope headhost FTW!!!!

BRING BACK THE AWP!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty2009-10-04, 07:54

*slaps 47, dont care if you kill me, awp = NO!!! Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next