Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.

Go down 
+25
Thy Devourer
Woffle'
Electron
Leeroy Jenkins
smilinsniper
Crossfade
teknoss
Tha Snowmann
Psychoskippy
I Get Killed
McLaggin
Viprus
MANX
Edgers
Smurf
openfj0re
Quoth...
fodder
dante
HurriKane
WAKE UP Geoff!!
Keza
ADMIN
The7thLegion
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-04-24, 13:57

I am making this topic for input and feedback about ideas to improve the DOA server.

Anyone can post here (obviously, its not in a restricted area), so please do so,

I will kick things off with this idea.

I think it might be a good idea that the ranks actually mean something. For example people saying woo, I'm 1st.

It should be bigger. So here is my idea:
On the 1st of every month we take the top 10 people, in both wins and K/D ratio and post them on the forums in a topic that only an admin can post on (The topic is there for people to see, not reply to). After those people are named on the forums the ranks should be reset for a new month. I'm sure we can all admit going to a server to see the top player miles ahead and almost no chance of being caught up to. If we incorporated this idea in our server it can give people, new and old, a chance to be in the top 10.

I hope you like my idea and hopes its not the only one in this topic. Look forward to some feedback.

Peace out, Clanies.
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-04-24, 14:15

I like that idea of reseting ranks every month, see what fodder thinks about it, tbh I don't think he gives a crap about how ranks go Smile

Sticky ftw!
Back to top Go down
Keza

Keza

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-04-25, 05:56

Woo I'm 1st ^^
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-04-25, 06:20

I totally agree and I would like to see the top 20 players at the end of the month play off in a closed game to vie for the the monthly title. And at the end of the year the 1st and 2nd place getters from the first 10 months play in a major Grand final. When we get the new server we can start to add a few bells and whistles to the game such as giving all ÐØÅ members the clan insignia on their uniform. Which would mean they could also have a special badges for being the monthly and yearly winners. Maybe even a prise or some reward for the Grand Master. What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
HurriKane
|ÐØÅ| Captain
HurriKane

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-04-25, 10:48

An aside to the ranking, is it possible for an admin to add bots and if so , how ? Often there are are only a few people on the server and it is very dificult to get a result . If the bots are on then , in theory it would quicken the result.

Alternatively Corza and I did a different way by mutually damaging our selves so a gren kill was possible .

Just a thought
Back to top Go down
HurriKane
|ÐØÅ| Captain
HurriKane

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-04-25, 11:26

Postscript : I suspect to add bots you need full amin rights
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-04-25, 22:45

It is Possible for admins to add and remove bots, I just have to set the permission, I will do that for you HurriKane as I have already set the ranking system to ignore bots, so you can't get points from bots and you can't loose points from bots killing you, so admins wanting to get a high rank on bots will be waisting their time Wink
Back to top Go down
dante

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-04-26, 08:07

this one seems like a more important suggestion than bots:

sv_downloadurl

cvars needed:
sv_downloadurl "http://www.webaddress.com/********/"
sv_allowupload 1
sv_allowdownload 1

how to:
• Upload all maps and files downloaded from the server to a web accessible server (a website... anywhere)
• enter the cvars into the server.cfg and restart said server
• ... thats it

The web adress should be the address of your hosting and must contain the end forward slash on the web address (eg. http://css.ausplayer.com/)

this will allow anyone that joins to download maps at full speed, and also save on bandwidth costs as webservers are generally hosted on different connections than game servers, and often cheaper because they are lines for data transfer and not focused on minimum latency (lower ping).
Back to top Go down
http://www.ausplayer.com
dante

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-04-26, 08:10

also, the current rate script on the server is... bad

once I get access to my old one (hopefully next week), i will upload a copy for use on this server only.
If the old box has been wiped ill have to make a new one, so it'll probably take up to 2 / 3 weeks for me to get around to it.
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-04-26, 16:40

Thanks Dante, we have been after a good Rates Script for a while, was hoping to get Ausplayers, Cheers.
Back to top Go down
dante

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-04-27, 06:29

the sv_downloadurl is the far more important change, i can lend webserver space if its really needed as it shouldn't take much more than 50gb a month in data
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-05-01, 16:16

to Hurrikane;
We are looking into the problem of adding bots. We can give the right to admins
but haven't because a lot of the maps are missing nav files to enable bots to find there way around.
To fix this takes a bit of time but we are working at it.

By the way bots will not go towards your rank. Also because we have become aware that some players have been playing 1 on 1 to boost there rank we will have the ranks disabled when there is less than 6 players.

Thank you to Dante for your offer of assistance for a web server and your rates kicker.
We will discuss all of your offers and get back to you asap after the new server is up and running.

Thanks to 7th for his great ideas and input, even though they're not quite as good as mine lol.

Keep up the good work everyone, it isn't going unnoticed or unappreciated, THANKS

ÐØÅ| WAKE UP Geoff!!
Back to top Go down
HurriKane
|ÐØÅ| Captain
HurriKane

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-05-02, 09:34

Ok all sounds good , now I understand

Chhers
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: resetting ranks   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-05-03, 06:06

Yeah seventh, good idea dude, top 20 maybe? Make it the top 200 then I might be in it lol
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Hirricanes tactics   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-05-03, 06:13

Clever, almost insidious, nothing more than a maniachal, meglomanic grab for power. He makes up some complex story about adding bots to make things easier to win. "Maybe if I had full admin rights I could add bots"? We are onto you Hurricane, we see your game dude. (lol lol lol lol) lol!
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-05-03, 06:40

NAV files are all but done now. So admins rights to add them will be activated. All we are waiting for IS OUR NEW SERVER!! waiting, waiting, waiting ..WHY ARE WE WAITING

Trying to get information out of someone who doesn't know makes it tough to keep you guys informed
about whats going on, sorry. Idea

As soon as we know anything, you guys will.

|ÐØÅ| WAKE UP Geoff!! Sleep
Back to top Go down
HurriKane
|ÐØÅ| Captain
HurriKane

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-05-03, 06:51

damn , u figured out my master plan for server domination.....
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-05-03, 11:58

HurriKane wrote:
damn , u figured out my master plan for server domination.....
:O I think that deserves a ban!
Back to top Go down
dante

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-05-29, 09:26

UEComm has finally given the box back, so the rate script will be available in the next day or 2, can the person with control over the server / ftp / shell (whatever it is) email me.

u can find my email in the admin cp, and then ill send the script over
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-06-07, 07:31

I'm glad that you have your server box back Dante and we can maybe look forward to having another quality gg server up and running. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned and Ausplayer is still dear to our hearts. As for the rates scripts, boy would that be nice to have. The work load for our admins looking after rates is a pain in the arse and basically means one of us has to sit in spectator just to control things. Could you please contact Fodder, 7th legion or my self by pm or you can email me at geoffwl@hotmail.com.
Thanks again for your help. Sleep
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-06-14, 20:35

From all our admins;

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Dante.

I think you know the work that is involved in policing rates on the server and this has removed a HUGE pain in the arse from all of us.
The script will not be passed on to anyone else and we have acknowledged your role in letting us use it, in our server adverts. Thanks again

Sleep
Back to top Go down
dante

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-06-17, 07:21

wickedcool
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Toki as admin   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-06-25, 02:22

Gotta admire your persistance lol Cool
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-08-11, 15:52

A DOA member was saying the other day that he was getting spammed by a user about issues only an admin could fix. regardless of how many times the user was told, they still thought he was admin.

Any chance you can get a list of admins, the same as you can get a list of DOA members? Wont fix the above problem, really, but it might not hurt.

Also, is there an easy way to put on a command to find out if FF is on? I know some css servers that you can type ff in chat and it comes up wether it is on or off. I am not exactly sure which level grenade is (22?) but people do also get kills that dont count, thus skewing the scores and making it a bit unreliable to come in and check the scores to see if its on. I came back from a ciggie break the other day and accidentally TK'ed Sad (go on - tell me to get some aim, lol)
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
Keza

Keza

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty2008-08-11, 16:28

Haha, if someone gets to nade, thatmeans ff turns on... Besides, if you want to find out, just shoot the nearest team mate in the foot xP!! that usually works
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next